Friday 22 June 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 22/6/18


If you want to join in with the Friday Five you can find all the details here, on Susanne's site.

It's where we look back on the week and find things we're grateful for - even if the week has been tough!

Actually my week hasn't been tough, busy but not tough:

1)  I got to spend time with these little guys:


Nathan
Rory

And hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see this little one again - can't believe he was a month old this week (17th).

Noah
Nanny is being very careful not to show any favouritism.  Hard when 2 are so close by and 1 is not but hoping to get up to Nottingham next weekend if we can.

2)  Impromptu date night with hubby.  I had a busy day last Friday and really didn't feel like cooking dinner so when he got home for work we just decided to go out.  We only went locally but to a place I hadn't eaten at before.  We both had a pork and prawn noodle dish which was lovely but the salted caramel pannecotta for dessert was delicious!

3)  A meet up with hubby's siblings - we're trying to do this regularly or at least as often as we can.  This time we all attended a beer festival at our local social club.  We sat out in the garden most of the day - the weather looked a bit worrying at times but it stayed dry and we had some good sunny spells too.  7 out of the 8 siblings made it and it was a nice get together with various other family members and friends.

4)  Sunshine!  We've had lots of it this week and it looks set to continue.

5)  Still cooking for 4 - yes that might sound daft when there are only 2 of us now but some of our regular dishes, particularly things like pasta sauces, are so easy to keep to the same quantities then I've always got meals in the freezer which is handy on the days I go to Nathan and don't want to be bothered with too much cooking when I get home.

All this running around is doing wonders for my step count.  It doesn't seem to be shifting much weight but I keep telling myself that I'm building muscle and that's heavier than fat.  I'm sure that's right! lol

Thanks for reading and have a good weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Lately I have been cooking two meals. Sounds crazy, right? But my husband confessed he is tired of eating WW meals. OK so last night I pulled out spaghetti sauce I made a while back and froze and now I will empty my freezer of those types of meals, all while I happily eat chicken and fish! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet photos! Your date night sounded delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet little ones! Hope you can get up to see the one farther away soon. I have a few smaller meals, but so far we use the leftovers from regular meals for lunches. I'd much rather microwave a plate of leftovers from the night before for lunch than make a sandwich or something new. Date nights are always nice, especially after busy days. How nice to get together with siblings! Mine and my husband's are scattered across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some pretty cute babies! No wonder you love spending time with them. I'm going to see my grandson tomorrow and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and such a blessing to have those little ones close enough to be in their lives as they grow up!! It is great that you and hubby get to meet up with siblings and enjoy time together! Another blessing! I love leftovers that go in the freezer for another night. Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable boys! So many recipes are for more than two servings, so it's a great idea to put those extra in the freezer for when you really don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those extra meals? We call them 'planned overs'. Always having extra meals in the freezer or frig is a great idea.
    Those little boys are adorable! No, you couldn't choose a favorite :) I'm thinking of holidays when they are a little older--they're going to be fun and boisterous.
    How lucky you are to live close to all those siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the baby pictures. You must be in Nanny heaven!

    Impromptu date nights are the best. It seems that when we plan something ahead of time, we're too tired to go out.

    And a great idea for making ahead meals. I need to be more intentional about that. And more intentional about getting together with my siblings. It sounds like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great week! yay for walking more steps!! I'm trying to do more with weights and increasing my cardio workouts for some of my bigger hikes coming up. Every little bit helps!!
    the pics of the grandbabies are sweet! you must be having so much fun! I hope your visit happens with the newborn.
    enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried that whole cooking double and putting 1/2 in the freezer. We just ended up eating more at supper. Ha! Maybe the key is to put it in the freezer before we sit down to eat! Oh my goodness those curls on the top of Nathan's head. That boy just gets cuter and cuter. All your grandbabies are absolutely adorable. Yeah for impromptu date nights and time with siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy,

    I always cook more than we need so to keep the left overs in the freezer. It makes life easy to have meal prepared. How precious, you have such sweet wee ones to shower with love and kisses. I miss ours being small. DD#1 is expecting her first. She high-risk but if things go well, then we may be grandparents in November. It's an exciting time. You're definitely right, muscle does weigh more than fat. :) The best way to combat fat is cut the calories. I know, that's easier said than done. It's a hard battle for me because I love to eat lots of naughty foods. I really need to get more serious about my dieting which hasn't been the best in the past few months. This week, I promise to do better! Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.