Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
Both. I definitely think it's possible to feel secure e.g. in your home, your surroundings but also to have freedom to make your own decisions and choices.2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
Possibly the Grand Canyon, because it's so vast.
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
Be free of (responsibilities) Of course as a Wife, Mother and now Grandmother I will always have responsibilities but I've opted not to sign up for anything where I feel responsible to anyone or anything now I'm retired.
4. Something in your fridge that's red? Something in your house that's white? Something in your view that's blue?
Red tomatoes, white bedding, blue sky. We're enjoying a lovely spell of blue skies and hot weather.
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Salt water taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
Never visited New Jersey. Not tried Taylor Pork Roll, Played a lot of Monopoly. Salt water taffy? I'm guessing toffee? So leave out the salt water thanks. I only shop at the mall if I know exactly what I'm shopping for and where to find it. Sinatra.
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.
My hands are down!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm answering these on Friday. Where did the week go?
These two had something to do with it so I'm not complaining.