Friday 31 August 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 31/8/18



Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for.  It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.

Here are mine for this week:

1)  Spending time with family.  We have just had a week away with hubby's extended family and all of ours.
Taking a family picture on the stairs is becoming a tradition.  Especially with 2 more additions this year. (Our 3 are at the front with (l-r) Rory, Noah and Nathan.)

2)  Yummy food while we were away, we were 40+ so it's not easy cooking for that many people but we managed some lovely meals and on the Saturday evening the younger generation waited on our generation which was really nice.

3)  Chocolate brownie cheesecake.  One of my DILs made this for the Saturday evening meal and it was delicious.  I will be copying the recipe.

4)  Co-operation.  So many examples of this during the week away.  It's so nice to see family members helping one another out and just getting on with each other.

5)  Thankful I'm retired.  I'm currently sporting this:


so I'm glad I'm not having to deal with a work situation.  Hopefully my tibia won't actually be fractured and I can get rid of this next week.  You can read the whole sorry saga here.

Have a good weekend all.  I'm hoping to get to the hairdressers for a long overdue appointment but other than that I will be taking it easy.

11 comments:

  1. Ouch, Wendy! So sorry about your leg. Yes, I love retirement too. I have fibromyalgia and I remember dragging myself to work when I was hurting so I'm glad you can rest your leg. Family fun is so wonderful, isn't it? The chocolate brownie cheesecake sounds scrumptious! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i hope you heal quickly!! And people complain about USA medical insurance?? yours sounds like a nightmare!

    Yay for family time and long vacations!

    enjoy the weekend and get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if your time away with family was amazing, Wendy! Sorry to learn about your tibia. My husband could relate to that since he actually fractured his when he fell off our house roof a few years ago. Hope all goes well for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful to have such a nice family and spend some holidays together. Unfortunately that's not my case. I read about your leg, what a misfortune but fortunately it's not broken ! The grandchildren have all grown !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful family time together! We just had sort of a stay-cation with all our week before last. Such fun, but tiring. :-) Wouldn't trade it for the world, though. I like the younger generation waiting on the older idea! Our d-i-l helped provide some meals for ours, and we got a couple out. We're only 7 so far, though - getting something out for 40 would be different. I am so sorry about your leg, especially all the confusion you mentioned in the other post! I hope you get some definite answers soon and I hope it isn't fractured and heals well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy,
    WOW, what fun. I am so happy you had time to enjoy family time this summer. Sending hugs and well wishes for your injury.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I just read your post about your tibia injury. What on earth (or etherworld) is a virtual appointment? You just call in? I hope you get this all worked out.
    However, in the midst of it all, I am glad to see how much fun you had with your family! 40 people! Wow! What great memories to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, that is quite the big leg brace! Hopefully you heal up really soon! What a great family picture. I love that you have a tradition of where you take it. It will be fun to look back over them and see how everyone has changed over the years. Wow, that is a fair number of people but how fun that the younger people took a night where they did all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Wendy, no, no, no! What an accessory to wear! I am joining with you in prayer that it is not fractured.
    I love that your FFF is all about family. How meaningful to get 40 of you together. I bet there was a lot of laughter.
    That is nice that the younger ones served the older ones. That would be a great tradition.
    I am interested in the Chocolate brownie cheesecake. Can't ever go wrong with that combination.
    Heal well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo... and love the idea of taking one each year in the same place even more. A wonderful tradition.
    Hope you’re soon did of the brace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that you have lots of time to enjoy family! That is the best spent moments!!! Sending prayers for your leg

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.