Friday, 10 August 2018
Friday's Fave Five - 10/8/18
Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for. It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.
Here are mine for this week:
1) Rain! It's been badly needed and this week we've had quite a bit. My grass is looking a bit greener and hopefully it's reduced the risk of forest fires. We've also seen a reduction in temperatures so I've felt I could actually get on with jobs at home - although I haven't been here much because:
2) Time with Grandson Noah at the weekend. Hubby was at a music festival so I took myself up to Nottingham on Sunday and stayed until Monday. Sunday was spent at with my DILs family - her parents have a lovely garden and had laid on a delicious afternoon tea. And of course there was Noah time!
3) A catch up with a family member on Tuesday. Hubby and I visited in the afternoon and ended up staying for dinner which was nice.
4) Babysitting Grandson Rory on Wednesday. He was so good for us. I fed him twice and both times he settled afterwards and was asleep in his cot when my son and DIL returned. They were impressed. Unfortunately he woke 3 times during the night - he obviously wasn't impressed at being left at home while they went out lol
5) My usual 2 days with Nathan. They were back to back this week (Thursday & Friday) which was hard, especially as it's been wet and we couldn't get out for walks, but he is such a pleasure to look after. We had a lovely reading session yesterday.
We're reading "I love my Granny" but of course it gets translated to Nanny. He also has "I love my Grandad" which we translate to Grandpa.
I am so blessed to have such lovely grandchildren and to be able to spend time with them on a regular basis.
Have a good weekend all.