Friday 10 August 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 10/8/18



Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for.  It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.


Here are mine for this week:


1)  Rain!  It's been badly needed and this week we've had quite a bit.  My grass is looking a bit greener and hopefully it's reduced the risk of forest fires.  We've also seen a reduction in temperatures so I've felt I could actually get on with jobs at home - although I haven't been here much because:

2)  Time with Grandson Noah at the weekend.  Hubby was at a music festival so I took myself up to Nottingham on Sunday and stayed until Monday.  Sunday was spent at with my DILs family - her parents have a lovely garden and had laid on a delicious afternoon tea.  And of course there was Noah time!



3)  A catch up with a family member on Tuesday.  Hubby and I visited in the afternoon and ended up staying for dinner which was nice.

4)  Babysitting Grandson Rory on Wednesday.  He was so good for us.  I fed him twice and both times he settled afterwards and was asleep in his cot when my son and DIL returned.  They were impressed.  Unfortunately he woke 3 times during the night - he obviously wasn't impressed at being left at home while they went out lol

5)  My usual 2 days with Nathan.  They were back to back this week (Thursday & Friday) which was hard, especially as it's been wet and we couldn't get out for walks, but he is such a pleasure to look after.  We had a lovely reading session yesterday.


We're reading "I love my Granny" but of course it gets translated to Nanny.  He also has "I love my Grandad" which we translate to Grandpa.


I am so blessed to have such lovely grandchildren and to be able to spend time with them on a regular basis.  

Have a good weekend all.

6 comments:

  1. You are blessed indeed!! Love seeing the kids photos. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful grandchildren, Wendy! Our kids have always lived away from us, so we basically saw them once or twice a year...sometimes more. So, it always blesses me when other grandparents can spend time with their grands. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have the opportunity to spend time with your grand children. You are impacting them for good for a lifetime.

    Hurray for rain! We sure need it here in CA.

    I read a book this week that's setting is in Bath. For some reason that led me to think about my daughter's Peter Rabbit dishes and teapot. I want to dig them out this week to use. I have such fond memories of our time in England.

    Have a refreshing week, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for time with grandkids! Glad you got some much-needed rain and time with your family member. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to be a grandma! I hope i get to be one some day! I'm 58 so not quite yet......!!

    You said something about not being a strong swimmer, neither am i!!! In fact, i really can't swim well at all as i never took lessons and am afraid imager over my head. BUT here in NYS you have to wear a life jacket when boating and although some people break the rules, our rule has always been for ourselves and our daughters: no life jacket no kayak. Plus kayaking is one of the safest water sports. They really don't tip over unless you are in ocean or river rapids. We stick to the flat waters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful week being a grandma! They are so precious! Yay for rain to cool things off and give moisture. It has been hot and dry here too. The firefighters really need every drop they can get.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.