Friday, 3 August 2018
Friday's Fave Five - 3/8/18
Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for. It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.
I thought I'd missed a couple of weeks here but it's actually been 4 weeks! So here are my five things to be grateful for this week:
1) I'm here! We had a busy few weeks in July and last week I wasn't well and spent Friday evening at A & E but am pleased to report our NHS served me well, and the UTI that was diagnosed seems to have gone and I'm feeling fine.
2) Rain! We had quite a lot of rain last weekend and it was cooler for a few days but now we're back to really hot weather again.
3) Ticking a few things off my to do list. Of course it's a never ending list but it always feels good to tick some boxes.
4) Grandbabies. I've seen Nathan and Rory this week and will catch up with Noah this weekend.
5) Not having to work in this heat. It has been quite unbearable some days (30 C/86 F) but being able to take things slowly and not rush anywhere makes it easier to cope with. And air-conditioned trains to get to Nathan on the days I look after him help.
Not a particularly exciting week but I did get more blogging done which was also one of my aims.
I'm off to Nottingham on Sunday for an overnight trip to see Noah. Thankfully the car has air con otherwise it would be a long hot drive. Have a good weekend all.