Friday 31 August 2018

I'm back!

I have just spent a lovely week with our extended family.  This is the 6th year we've been away to a converted Oast House in Kent.  The weather wasn't as lovely as we've been having but when you have good company, good food and plenty to drink who cares?

The only downside is that the internet service is rubbish.  The phone service is even worse.  You have to almost hang off the end of the balcony to get a signal and with everyone using wifi on their phones the response times are sooooo slow.  I spent a fair amount of time each day placing shopping orders for food so I decided that blogging would wait.

But as I'll be sitting down quite a lot at the moment hopefully I'll be up to date with all your news etc quite quickly.

Just had a holiday and now I'm sitting down?  Well yes because I'm stuck with this at the moment:


Normally I am full of praise for our NHS but in this instance it's been like a comedy of errors or definitely a farce.

I fell over at my daughter's house the Tuesday before last.  My right knee and elbow took the brunt of the fall.  X-rays seemed to reveal no problems but to be on the safe side I was provided with the lovely accessory you see above and told I would get a call from the fracture clinic to confirm everything was ok or not!

I hadn't heard anything by the Friday when we were due to go down to Kent so I rang the hospital at around 11.30 to try and find out what was going on.  I was informed that I should have attended an appointment at 10.30 that morning.  Umm well I would have if I'd known about it.  When I asked to rearrange it I was told the department would have to decide if they would rearrange considering I had "missed" my appointment.  Excuse me?  How can I have missed an appointment I didn't even know about.

Well it was rearranged but then I got a call later that day (after I'd left for Kent) telling me that it was the "virtual" appointment scheduled for 10.30 but clearly running VERY late.  Confused yet?  I was.  Seems the central booking office isn't clear either.

Anyway I was advised that I have a "possibly" fractured tibia so I should continue to wear the support, rest it as much as possible and I would get a clinic appointment after my return from holiday.

Today when we got home I had an appointment letter for....the 10th September.  But....when I tried to see if I could bring it forward I was told that it had been cancelled and I'd been discharged.  What!?

A phone call soon had the appointment reinstated but I'm none the wiser as to whether the leg is fractured or not so I have despatched an angry e-mail to try and get some answers, including how much weight bearing I should be doing.  In the meantime I will just sit.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Your poor knee and elbow! That contraption looks extremely uncomfortable and I'm sorry to read that you are stuck in it for awhile yet. Nice to have you back, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your leg and all the subsequent chaos. I do hope it's not fractured, but am glad you enjoyed your holiday with family. I hope one day to get my whole crew in a beach house somewhere. I need more grandbabies first : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's appalling service from your local hospital. I hope it's not a fracture.Good to hear your family get together went well. I just don't understand how we have such terrible internet reception in parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your leg is not giving you much pain.
    Sending lots of hugs!
    Thank you for the well wishes for Sam.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a gong show. That is really not acceptable for someone who might be walking around with a fractured leg. Hope it all gets figured out quickly and that you have not been in pain! We had horrible internet at the hotel on our holidays too. So slow and they just made excuses when we mentioned it to them.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.