Tuesday 11 February 2020

20 in 20 - Photo of the Week #6 - 9/2/20

Woo hoo, week 6 and still on track!  I've added in Sunday's date in the titles of these posts to help me remember which week I'm working on!  One of the things I find hard since I've given up work is remembering the actual date - probably because I'm not writing it all the time as I used to.  I don't have any trouble (usually) remembering what day of the week it is but the date often eludes me lol.

Blogging regularly helps, but now the January challenge is over I'm having to work harder at posting most days again.  (Although someone did helpfully point out that it will soon be April and I'll have the A - Z Challenge to keep me busy!)

Anyway enough of the waffle, here is this week's photo:


One of the joys of trying to move is clearing out all our junk.  The above are old computers etc that we had accumulated over the years.  Today they have been to our rubbish and recycling centre.   Our box room has visible floor space!  It's very satisfying making progress.

I've also sorted out even more loose change to cash in and found out where to take all the old foreign coins and notes we had too.  Various charities will take them but Marks & Spencer's Bureau de Change counters will take them and they donate to a Breast Cancer charity.  Westfield the shopping mall close by has a big Marks & Spencer  with a Bureau de Change so that's an errand I'll be running later in the week hopefully.

Now for a gosling update.

We had a terrible storm at the weekend - the main parks in London were actually closed on Sunday - so I was a bit concerned when we rounded the path in the park on Monday and spotted the adults all tucked up on the grass.


However on walking a little bit further this collection of fluff came into view.  Phew!  Still 3 goslings and they are definitely increasing in size. 
 

Rory was very excited to see them as poor thing had been indoors since last Wednesday - he went down with a tummy bug which he unfortunately shared with his parents and then the weather was awful so I think they were all suffering a bit from cabin fever by Monday.  Thankfully they are all fine now.



8 comments:

  1. You know how to erase the harddrives, right? just wondering...one should always erase the harddrives before getting rid of old computers.

    The goslings are so cute and I am glad your grandson is feeling better. I hope you find the house you want and the move goes smoothly. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even trust just erasing - we removed them and disposed of them separately lol

      Delete
  2. Space on the floor? you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha we are considering last week you could hardly put one foot in that room!

      Delete
  3. At least you have started ! I sit here and think what I all should do and then I think I can start tomorrow etc etc. The only thing I did so far was given clothes and bedlinnen to the Charity shop for battered women. I think they will get most of my things here ! As you said the storm was horrible ! I went to my Scrabble today and on the other side from Waterloo, there were still branches laying around and I saw a lot of damaged fences !

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to start - there is so much to do and once we have put our house on the market I think it will feel like we are on a non stop train!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Rory and his parents are okay now! Also glad the three little goslings are still doing okay! Thanks for the update on your sorting and donating! Do keep us posted on the pending move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning out to move is always a satisfying thing. When we did it, I promised myself I wouldn't let stuff build up again like that. Three and half years later, I need to down size again. Not to move - but to make the place feel open and free.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.