Wednesday 12 February 2020

How did it get so late? 12/2/20

Well I'm determined to try and keep up with blogging regularly but this is going to be a very quick post.  It's time for bed really as I had a very long day with Rory again today.  I started at 8 am as usual but had to wait until Daddy got home (about 7.15pm) because Mummy had a parents evening at her school.  They obviously decided to schedule all their parent evenings on Wednesdays as this is the 3rd one in a row.  Still I shouldn't complain, I can have a lie in tomorrow which is more than Liz can.  Except I can't either as I have to drop the car off for its annual service!

Fortunately the weather was better today and after his 2 hour nap (for which I was very grateful!) I took Rory to the park.  We saw the goslings again and they were on the move today, still looking healthy although I think one is smaller than the other two.  When the sun was out and the wind dropped it was quite pleasant although still chilly.

I let Rory have a swing which he loved.

Yes he is wearing Santa joggers.  They still fit!

He was as good as gold for me, letting me feed him, bath him and get him to bed just before Daddy came home.  It's hard for them on nights like this not to see him when they come home but if he sees them just before he goes in his cot he gets so excited and then it puts his whole routine out.  And he has a good routine.  Once he's ready for bed he has a bottle of milk while I read him stories.  Then he gets a very quick cuddle before going into his cot and usually he makes no or very little fuss before going to sleep.

Fortunately hubby was home before me and had dinner ready just as I walked through the door which was lovely especially when washed down with a glass of wine.  I think I'd earned that!


5 comments:

  1. A little one would wear me out quickly, Wendy. Kudos to you for your stamina!! Nice of hubby to have dinner ready and cheers to the glass of wine!! The photo of Rory is adorable, all bundled up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rory's hat.
    What a sweet husband to have dinner ready. My husband is sweet like that for me too when I have long days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you earned even half a bottle, that's what they count here per person for a long supper ! Rory has grown a lot !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.