Friday 7 February 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 7/2/20






Friday is the time to sit back and reflect on the week and count our blessings and share them over at Susanne's site here.

Here are mine:

1)  I've definitely had some sort of flu like virus although I wouldn't call it flu.  I've been left with a cough and what someone coined as virus fatigue.  I don't have to do very much without feeling tired BUT I am feeling better than this time last week so I'm grateful for that.

2)  Being more assertive.  So I started feeling really unwell after a very long day with Rory last Wednesday.  I hate letting my son down because if I can't have Rory one of them either has to take a day off work, which can be problematic, or they have to arrange an extra day at the nursery which costs them money.  Normally I try and soldier on but I knew it would be too much to do two days with him this week so I agreed to do Monday as Nick joins me so it's much easier but I told him I couldn't do all day Wednesday.  I did go and pick Rory up from nursery as neither Liz or Michael could get back in time.  I also fed him and put him to bed but that was manageable.  Especially as he is so good for going to bed.  I was pleased with myself for being upfront and putting myself first for a change.

3)  Progress on the house move.  We've had 3 agents in now and we've decided which one to go with.  This has also given us an indication of what we can afford to spend so now we can start narrowing down where we want to go.  We've also found a handyman to come and do a few bits and pieces that really need doing.

4)  Reading time.  Being tired is a good excuse to rest and read.

5)  A good shopping trip.  I managed to combine a few things when shopping today.  I recycled all the glass bottles that had accumulated in the cellar.   I cashed up all the loose change we'd been saving - almost £50.  I got the food bits I needed plus some bits for the house. 

Took a bit of thinking this week as it's been quiet.  I'm currently hoping that neither Nick or I go down with the tummy bug that Rory and his parents have had the last couple of days.  We're supposed to be having lunch with Nathan and his Mummies on Sunday.  It's been a few weeks since we've seen them so I want to be ok for that.  

Enjoy your weekend all.

10 comments:

  1. Hoping you stay healthy!! It is always good to catch up with you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard to say no to baby sitting the grandbabies, that's for sure!

    Funny you should mention turning in your loose change you've been saving. I was looking at mine as I add about 60 cents to it today. I was thinking, "I wonder if I saved enough for us to go to the movies!" The jar is getting quite heavy.

    May you stay well this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season - the season of illness! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you feel better soon!! Good for you for setting boundaries regarding the babysitting. Something i used to teach in the parenting classes at the crisis pregnancy center where i worked about 15 years ago was that parent(s) need a back up plan. If the child is in a daycare/nursery then they also need a back up sitter for home and not rely on grandparents. For my husband and I, both of our parents lived over 2 hrs away in opposite directions so we utitiized the teen girls from our church youth group and a neighbor. It really helped!!

    I love reading time too....such a blessing you had some of that time!

    To answer your question about hiking in cold. It wasn't too bad. I don't hike if temps are 25 or below ( Fahrenheit) and that day it hovered around 30-34. Plus we are die hard hikers meaning we have the clothes and gear for every season. I don't hike nearly as much Dec-May as i do from June-Nov. it's hard to tell in the pic i posted but we do layers of clothing here in the NY Mountains. It's surprising how much of a sweat you can work up even in winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good that you knew just how much you could help with the grands. I hate letting people down, but through the years, I've learned that I need to pay attention to what my body is telling me. Rest and read.
    I am traveling the house selling journey with you. We are hoping for a buyer soon. Then our move will be a huge undertaking since we are moving 2400 miles.
    I hope you and Nick are both staying well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being sick is no fun. Glad you are starting to feel better. And it is good to have those boundaries set with babysitting. Everyone gets sick at some time. When I interview with parents I make it really clear that they have to be able to have a plan if I am ill, both for my sake and the kids. It's hard to say no when you're the grandma but sometimes you just have to.

    Yay for some progress with the house move.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.