Friday 28 February 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 28/2/20






Yes it's that time of the week again - it's come around very quickly - but time to look back and find 5 things to be grateful for.  Our host, Susanne, can be found here along with a linky to other bloggers taking part.


Phew just making it on time this week!  Here goes:

1)  Relaxation time.  Last Sunday we viewed a house in the morning but then the rest of the day was free.  After a few hectic weeks of getting the house ready to sell it was most welcome.  Can't even remember what I did but I know I didn't do much!

2)  Back with Rory.  His Mummy was on half term break from school the week before so I hadn't seen him for a week.  He was his usual cheery self and on Wednesday I had a long day with him, including putting him to bed and he was as good as gold for me.

3)  Still 3 goslings!  It was dry on Wednesday so I managed to get Rory to the park.  It was two weeks since we'd been but I was relieved to see the 3 Egyptian goslings are doing well and beginning to look less fluffy and more feathered.

4)  Time.  We have a lot of things to work through in the house but I'm fortunate that I don't have a job so I have the time to work through them gradually.  This week I've cleared out my fridge and store cupboards.  One advantage of our house is that we have a cellar and I keep a lot of extra foodstuff in it so it's rare that we ever run out of anything.  When we finish something in the kitchen there's usually a supply in the cellar and then I top up the cellar when I go shopping.  The downside to this is that sometimes I stockpile things and then they go past their sell by date.  Well now there is nothing that is past its best and I won't be stockpiling for now because we hope to move.

5)  Cooking a new meal.  It's ages since I've got out a recipe book to do something different for dinner but I made a dish with liver yesterday and Lyonnaise potatoes.  Nothing particularly special or complicated but it made a change from our HelloFresh meals or one of our usual fallback pasta dinners.

Well that about sums up my week.  Busy but quiet if that makes sense.  We've seen 3 houses now (including 1 today) but they are not ones we'll want to view again once ours sells.  We have a couple more lined up for tomorrow and some next weekend.  We also have some more viewings here tomorrow which the Estate Agent will manage.  Just keeping our fingers crossed that someone will like our house enough to want to buy it!

Have a good weekend all.  We'll be having a quick catch up with Grandson Noah.  Can't wait.




6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that the goslings are doing okay! I think I need to get some of my cookbooks out and look for something new. Thanks for the reminder. Keep us posted on the house hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed with you that your house sells. I've been fairly lazy about cooking lately. I need to up my game! Have a good weekend, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the waiting and looking! The waiting is harder :)
    You asked if I knit left handed, too. Yes, I do, which caused issues when I was working through my master knitter program. Left handers make the knitting look opposite, so I had to adjust for that. And I have to reverse some instructions (like k2tog becomes ssk and vice versa) and put my button holes on the 'opposite' side. Really, no one can tell the difference when I'm finished with a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a step further then I, our house will be on the market next week. Today a legal expert came to check the electrical installation and another one the isolation of the house. These are all things we have to have. I also drove around to see apartments at least from outside and where it is, found one which would be ideal, but first the house has to be sold. Or it's quickly sold or it lasts a few month. You never know. I am really looking forward to move and haven't done a thing yet !
    Ric only wants to be in the city and have his own room otherwise he doesn't care about anything. I want an apartment with garage and basement to stock our things we don't need all the time. I also want to have a big balcony or terrace. The one I saw is on the 4th floor which would be ideal, it overlooks the Waterloo park !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that you can take the house clearing gradually like that. Moving is hard enough without all the pressure of work and deadlines. Hoping you find everything you want in your new home quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for keeping us posted on the goslings.
    And sending hugs for this week.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.