Saturday 22 February 2020

Friday's Fave Five (On Saturday 22/2/20)





This weekly challenge of remembering things to be grateful for is hosted by Susanne over at "Living to tell the story".  Pop over there to see what it's all about and who is taking part.

I should have done this yesterday, actually I should have done it a week ago but regular readers will know it's been kind of busy around here.  But.....better late than never so here are the five things I'm grateful for over the last week or so:

1.  A night out with friends.  We got together last Friday.  It had been a while since I'd seen this particular group of friends so that made it even more special.

2.  Time with Nathan and his Mummies.  We babysat for them last Saturday and Nathan was good for us.  He took a while to settle to sleep but he didn't make much fuss and was still asleep when they got back.  We stayed overnight so we had more time with them as we hadn't seen them for a few weeks.

He is getting so grown up.

 

3.  Getting our house ready to sell.  Yes that's what's been keeping us busy.  I'm grateful for the motivation to do lots of tidying and decluttering and for good weather on the day the Estate Agent came to take photos.  We were able to get our grass cut and the photos turned out well.  It's now on the market and we've had quite a few people come to view it already.

4.  Cover for house problems.  We had a problem with one of our toilets this week but I was able to make an appointment for a plumber to come the next day and it was fixed straight away.  Phew.  Not great to have a non functioning toilet when you are expecting prospective buyers to your house!

5.  Still finding time for me despite all that's going on.  I found time to watch some TV, do a bit of reading and get my hair done this week.  

And loving getting pictures of these two who got together last weekend.




Happy weekend all!

16 comments:

  1. Your Nathan is so handsme and is growing up! How fun that you got to babysit and stop for the night.
    Hurray on getting the toilet fixed so quickly. Wow, moving? That is quite a big job. Glad to hear that you've had lots of people to come see your home. Praying for a quick sale and no more house issues.
    Having time for yourself and friends is always welcome in any week.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Yes moving is going to be a big upheaval.

      Delete
  2. Moving is a huge endeavor!!! Someday I'm guessing when hubby finally retires ( he's six yrs youngermthan me and I'm still working at age 60 cause i cannot imagine NOT teaching!!!) we will have to move....we want to move out of NY so that will be a big change. Sounds like all is going well for your home sale!!

    The grandbaby is just adorable! How precious you can help out with him.

    Yay for getting together with good friends.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I feel your 'pain' on the house selling. I hope your home sells soon! (And I hope mine does too!)
    Your Nathan is growing up so fast! It is truly a blessing to be near the grandchildren.
    And time with friends is one of the best destressors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can empathise with the moving thing :)

      Delete
  4. Gosh, Nathan looks like a little man!! They grow up too fast!!! Nice that you got some good time with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. He will be 3 in just a few weeks!

      Delete
  5. My goodness, Nathan has grown, smiles. Good luck on selling and moving, how exciting! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. My how quickly Nathan is growing. Moving...so much work but exciting too. Hopefully that house sells soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sit in the same boat, only our house will be on the market beginning March. Have you found already a new one ? I am looking for a nice apartment and have seen a few which I really liked. Yes Nathan has become a little boy, he is not a baby anymore ! Cute little guy ! Toby had ski lessons they were in Austria for a week and had a lot of snow, while in France they had to fly in snow per helicopter ! crazy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we get to see some photos of Toby in the snow.

      Delete
  8. Nathan is so handsome! What a cutie. How fun that you got to stay overnight with him. I love seeing my grandkids first thing in the morning in their pjs. It doesn't happen very often. Best of luck with the sale of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Yes being together in the mornings is fun.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.