Sunday 16 February 2020

Where did the weekend go?

Goodness me, it's almost Monday and I haven't had a chance to blog all weekend!  I didn't even get a Friday Fave Five post done.

Friday was a busy day with work going on in the house.  I had to make two trips out for paint - once to get some testers so we could try and find the right match for our hall and then the second time to actually get the paint.  (Note to self, when we do any decorating in our next house, keep a note of paint colours!)  In between I was still decluttering/tidying.  In the evening I met up with some friends for drinks and food at our local pub.  It was nice to relax and unwind.

Saturday was more work in the house and then late afternoon we went over to babysit Nathan so his Mummies could have a night out.  It was lovely to see him as we hadn't been for about 3 weeks.  He was ill at one point and then I wasn't well.  Then we'd been in contact with Rory when he had his tummy bug so didn't want to risk passing that on, even though we were fine.

Anyway we're all well at the moment.  Let's hope it lasts.  Nathan was on good form.  He's so chatty now.  He let me put him to bed without too much trouble although it does take him a while to settle down to sleep.  

We stayed the night so that we could spend time with them all today but we got home in time for a late lunch then it was back to work on the house.  We've decided to bite the bullet and tell the estate agents we're ready to put the house on the market.  I'm really beginning to believe we will be moving house and trying not to freak out over it.  It's hard - we've been here almost 27 years!

Let's hope it doesn't take us too long to find the right house for our next home.


4 comments:

  1. You are going to be even busier over the next few weeks. An exciting time though, looking for a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... busy, busy weekend!! Congrats on making that tough decision!! I understand. We had been in our house for 28 years. We are so happy we made the move and you will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling about leaving a home you have lived in a long time. We lived in our last home for 30 years. We had no choice but to sell and move. The house was larger than we needed now, harder to keep up now that we are older and my husband is now blind and the stairs were a hazard for him. But I shed many tears in the leaving. It has been 3 1/2 years since we moved into our condo (elevator building, half the living space, easier to maintain), and it is just beginning to feel like mine! It is a process. Change is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs.. not easy at all. Change is difficult.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.