Thursday 20 February 2020

20 in 20 - Photo of the Week #7 16/2/20 & The Moving Saga Update #2


Well I'm combining 2 posts here as time is short!

It's been busy here this past week or so but we are now officially up for sale!  Our house is the middle one with the red door. 

These window boxes are now on my front window sills.  Of course this meant a trip to the garden centre.

The stairway leading down to our kitchen needed some work.  We'd had to take the tongue & groove panelling off at the bottom and had never got round to reinstating it.  It was definitely a mess.  Now thanks to a handyman recommended to us the panelling is fixed, it's had a lick of paint and looks so much better.

And the room that we now refer to as Hubby's den (which has served as a playroom and a bedroom in the past) now has new curtains.  The old ones practically fell apart when I took them down to wash so we had to get new ones and opted for a new pole system too.  Thanks again to our handyman for getting the pole up.


We've also been busy doing more decluttering and tidying and managed to get our lawn cut (despite the wind and rain we've had) so we decided we  were ready for the estate agent to come and take pictures for marketing the house.

As of today the propery is live on the web and we already have 3 viewings arranged!

I am definitely on a runaway train!  We also have 3 properties to view.  1 on Saturday and then 2 the following Saturday.  The market is definitely picking up and I think good houses are going to sell quickly.  We were hoping to view one house but when I rang on Monday to try and arrange it I was told it was already under offer.  (I hadn't realised it had had an open day last Saturday.)  That of course bodes well for our sale but makes it harder to find the right house to buy.  Hopefully, as we will be mortgage free and therefore "cash buyers" we will be more attractive to potential vendors and more likely to have an offer accepted.

Thankfully it's half term this week so I haven't had Rory to look after.  I miss seeing him but it's nice to have the rest, especially when we've been working so hard in the house.

Thank you for all the comments on my posts.  Apologies for not replying to all of them.  I'm finding it hard to keep up at the moment.  I am visiting and reading blogs but I don't always have time to leave a comment.   It's amazing how tiring looking at houses online can be, not to mention how time consuming! 


8 comments:

  1. No worries about keeping up, Wendy! We know what you are going through getting the house ready and trying to get out to see potential properties for you! Rest when you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terri, do not worry about keeping up with us. We will be here :-) and we are cheering you on. I know this is a lot of emotion and work. Take care and share photos when you can.
    Best to you!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. It's definitely emotional.

      Delete
  3. Your house is looking so good you might want to put an offer in yourselves!! Don't worry about your blogging friends we are all behind you with the amount of work you have ahead of you especially with your childcare duties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. Yes we do keep looking round and saying "why are we moving?" lol

      Delete
  4. What a charming looking house you have for sale! I am sure it will move swiftly. Moving towards spring, sales pick up in our area. You are selling and buying at a good time I would guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes the market does seem to be picking up.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.