Wednesday 4 November 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 4/11/20


Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond".  Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in.  If you do join in, remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List.  Have fun.

1. How do you define peace? 

Well a trite answer would be to say no wars going on but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen.  For me I'd define peace as when I can sit somewhere quiet and just enjoy the view or solitude or companionship of my hubby and my brain isn't racing around trying to work out how to do 101 things in less time than possible and just enjoy the moment.

2. November 3rd is Election Day in the US of A, but did you know it's also National Sandwich Day? Let's vote, shall we? egg salad or tuna salad? chicken salad or grilled chicken on a bun? peanut butter and jelly or a bagel with cream cheese? turkey and swiss or ham and cheddar? grilled cheese or pimento cheese? roast beef-corned beef-or make mine veggie? 

  • Egg salad
  • Chicken salad
  • bagel with cream chees
  • ham and chedder
  • grilled cheese
  • roast beef.

3. When did you last say (or feel) 'no rest for the weary'? 

Probably a lot of times over the last few months as we packed up and then unpacked our home lol.

4. This time last year, where were you? 

Ha!  Helping my daughter and her family move house and looking after Grandson Rory 2 days a week.  I was probably saying no rest for the weary then too!

5. Share a favorite song, verse, or quote featuring the word 'peace'. 

Well I am rubbish at remembering song so I used google and according to one list the best song about peace is Imagine by John Lennon.  Not a bad choice.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Tomorrow we go back into full lockdown here in England as our covid cases are rising rapidly again.  The confusing thing is, due to our set up, the individual countries forming the UK can do their own thing which means the rules are different in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.  The stupid thing is we're an island!  We should have followed New Zealand's example but then they're led by a sensible woman and not a buffoon!

8 comments:

  1. These are trying times for sure, and figuring out what's the best way forward is complicated. I can't imagine us going into full lock down here, but I guess depending on the outcome of the election it's possible. You have had a busy year and I hope there is rest for the weary as we approach the holidays : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Fortunately we can stop and rest as and when we need to.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we are all living in trying times. And here we are, waiting or election results that will be called into question and taken to court, I'm sure. It seems Biden will shut us all down again while Trump will continue to help us all get back to work and back to good health, physically and economically. I hope things go well over there (and here). I know you will be missing your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. It difficult getting the balance between health and economy right.

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering if we will end up in lockdown in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine with the way states can do their own thing with lots of things it might be quite tricky. Even here the individual countries of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are doing their own thing and it gets very confusing.

      Delete
  4. Our Governor has set in new lock down policies for our state. We just have to hang in there.. but it is not easy. We have some friends who have co workers that just tested positive for COVID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your friends stay well Carla. Yep we're hanging in there and just trying to stay well.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.