Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond". Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in. If you do join in, remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List. Have fun.
1. How do you define peace?
Well a trite answer would be to say no wars going on but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. For me I'd define peace as when I can sit somewhere quiet and just enjoy the view or solitude or companionship of my hubby and my brain isn't racing around trying to work out how to do 101 things in less time than possible and just enjoy the moment.
2. November 3rd is Election Day in the US of A, but did you know it's also National Sandwich Day? Let's vote, shall we? egg salad or tuna salad? chicken salad or grilled chicken on a bun? peanut butter and jelly or a bagel with cream cheese? turkey and swiss or ham and cheddar? grilled cheese or pimento cheese? roast beef-corned beef-or make mine veggie?
- Egg salad
- Chicken salad
- bagel with cream chees
- ham and chedder
- grilled cheese
- roast beef.
3. When did you last say (or feel) 'no rest for the weary'?
Probably a lot of times over the last few months as we packed up and then unpacked our home lol.
4. This time last year, where were you?
Ha! Helping my daughter and her family move house and looking after Grandson Rory 2 days a week. I was probably saying no rest for the weary then too!
5. Share a favorite song, verse, or quote featuring the word 'peace'.
Well I am rubbish at remembering song so I used google and according to one list the best song about peace is Imagine by John Lennon. Not a bad choice.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow we go back into full lockdown here in England as our covid cases are rising rapidly again. The confusing thing is, due to our set up, the individual countries forming the UK can do their own thing which means the rules are different in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The stupid thing is we're an island! We should have followed New Zealand's example but then they're led by a sensible woman and not a buffoon!