Wednesday 3 February 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 3/2/21

From this Side of the Pond

I'm taking part in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, kindly hosted by Joyce at From this side of the Pond

Joyce provides the questions each week and we share our answers.  Pop over to her site to see who else is joining in the fun. 

1. Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day in the US of A. Tell us about one day you wouldn't mind living over again, and why you chose that day. 

Hard to pick just one day.  Our wedding day would be an obvious answer but also the birth days of our 3 children.

 2. Something you know beyond a 'shadow of a doubt'? 
I am fed up with being in lockdown!

3. Give us an example of history repeating itself in some way, in your own life or the lives of your children.

My middle child was the best sleeper of my 3.  He took to self soothing by sucking his middle 2 fingers.  His youngest son Miles does exactly the same!

 

4. Snowed under, snow job, not a snowball's chance, snowbird, on thin ice, snug as a bug in a rug, tip of the iceberg, snowball effect, run hot and cold....choose a wintry idiom and tell us how it best applies to your life right now. 
 
Snowed under - not with snow but just with the pressure of being locked down and with no end in sight at the moment.

5. Your favourite sign of spring? 
 
Spring flowers - daffodils etc.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
 
I don't know why this lockdown (our 3rd) feels harder than the others but it definitely does.  Probably because the weather is so miserable too which makes it hard to get out for a walk.  But I am trying to be positive and am thankful that we can at least get to see our daughter and her family each week.  Also Hubby has just booked to get his first vaccine dose on Friday!

 

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from hodgepodge! I love daffodils, too! Where are you that you are locked down for the 3rd time? Is everything shut down? Essentials still open? We were locked down in March but essentials remained open - I was surprised at a few things that were considered essential. We are still under a mask mandate in Alabama but I've become so accustomed to wearing one, it is not a big deal. I figure if I can protect another person from my germs I'm doing something for the common good BUT I am SO READY for us all to be vaccinated and for us to return to some sense of normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like even with the vaccine we will still need to continue with some of the protocols which is disheartening. Friends in London are posting pics of the empty streets and it is so sad. Hang in there, and I do hope things lighten up soon. It's fun to watch all the ways our grands are like their parents : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some daffodils in the grocery store this week. Next time, I'll grab a bunch. They are a sure sign of spring. I can't imagine a third lockdown. I can see how it would harder, it's like the second day of a diet is always harder than the first! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of us are on the same track with flowers an spring. If the first lockdown didn't work what makes them think a second or third one will? Asking for a friend. Happy February to you and I hope the sun starts shining and the daffodils start popping up to give you some cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be so hard to be in your third lockdown. What a blessing that you are in a bubble and can see at least one of your kiddo's family. Joe and I got our first vaccine last week and are scheduled for the second at the end of this month. That baby photo is precious!! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge! Stay well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about this never ending lockdown ! I am so surprised That vaccination goes so quick ! Here they just finished the retirement homes and médical staff ! It' s a mess !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo of your sweet little one makes me smile.
    Daffodils are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.