Friday 29 January 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 29/1/21

 

Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.

This is particular hard right now.  There seems to be no end in sight for our lockdown - it was announced this week that the earliest schools MIGHT re-open is 8th March.  Case numbers are reducing though but that hasn't yet stopped hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths reducing.  This week we hit the horrific statistic of 100,000 deaths in the UK from Covid.

But there are good things still happening:

1)  We had snow last weekend - not a lot thankfully but of course the children find it very exciting.

Nathan & Noah enjoyed making snowmen.  Rory didn't have quite as much snow to work with but still enjoyed being out in the garden.

Spot the snowman on the step!






2)  A zoom call with hubby's siblings last Friday.  It was a bit chaotic with 8 couples trying to have a conversation but it was nice to see them all.

3)  A better week in terms of getting out to walk, keeping my step count up etc.  Last week I was very demotivated but this week has been better.

4)  Curtains for my bedroom have arrived.  I'm hoping to get them up over the weekend but I'm currently letting them just hang so I don't have to do too much ironing of them.  I'm hoping they're going to darken the bedroom considerably and it will help me sleep better.

5)  I cooked dinner tonight using a Simply Cook kit and it was delicious.  It was Japanese Seared Steak and looked like this:


Actually that's how the recipe card made it look - I forgot to take a picture of ours!  But it was good as are the chocolates I mentioned last week.  We've been eating 1 a day to make them last but they are delicious!

(Of course I'm eating other chocolate as well.  1 chocolate a day is not enough lol.)

Right time to post this before midnight strikes.  Have a good weekend all.

 

8 comments:

  1. Kids always have fun in the snow! Cute pictures! That meal looks delicious! Glad you got your curtains! Wishing you a good weekend, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little mini snowman is just the cutest! Glad the kids had so much fun. I could use some of your motivation with my step count. I've really fallen off the wagon. I'm so sorry that the Covid situation is so bad there. Our kids are back in school now. Fingers crossed it will continue this way. I have to admit, I feel the walls are closing in these days. I need an attitude adjustment! Have a good weekend, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe card looks delicious and I’m sure yours was just as good. I love building snowmen with children. So much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it snowed in December, my grandson and his friend made an igloo between their houses (they are also neighbors). Kids just love snow, don't they? That doorstep snowman is so cute!
    I do hope and pray with you that the restrictions will be lifted soon. This is so hard on everyone.
    Take care and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are expecting our first real snow here on the east coast of the US - Maryland. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids and snow go hand in hand. Love the little step snowman! Praying your restrictions ease soon. They are doing a very slow easing of restrictions in Alberta right now. Each step needs to go for 3 weeks while they keep an eye on hospitalization numbers. The meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a kid I loved snow too and even as a young mother, but now except a nice view on snow covered roofs and trees I hate snow ! Are you grandchildren with you ? In Belgium it's still not allowed only if they live under the same roof ! Hard for a lot of grandparents.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.