Thursday 17 February 2022

The time had to come!

Regular readers will probably be wondering how I've managed to read so many books over the last few days.  This is why:


This was my LFT result on Monday - Positive!  So I'm currently isolating.  Fortunately I haven't felt too unwell but I have felt very tired.  I decided to be sensible and take things easy so I've had lots of reading time as well as catching up with some TV.  

I have no idea where I caught it.  We've still been fairly careful but we did use public transport last Friday and I did go to the supermarket on Saturday.  Although I hadn't done a test for a week or so before this one so I could have picked it up from the grandkids who I saw last Wednesday.   They haven't had it as far as we know but they do attend nursery and so many cases are asymptomatic and therefore not always picked up.

I was kicking myself for not testing before a get together on Sunday with quite a few extended family members.  One of our nephews was finally setting off for his new job in New York so there was a leaving get together in a pub for family members to say goodbye to him and his fiancée.  As you can imagine, when I tested positive on Monday after feeling a bit like I was going down with a cold I was worried that I could possibly have been infectious at the gathering and passed it on to others, including them.

Thankfully their pre flight tests were negative and they left as planned on Tuesday.  I haven't heard any other family members testing positive either so that was a relief.

Hubby tested positive today so despite trying to keep our distance in the house which isn't difficult I have most likely been the one to pass it on to him.  

Under our current rules I can start testing myself from day 5 (Saturday) and as soon as I get two consecutive days of testing negative I can stop isolating.  Otherwise I have to wait 10 days.  Of course hubby is now a few days behind me.  

I'm just thankful that we're both fully vaccinated and hopefully our cases will continue to be mild.

9 comments:

  1. Sending GET WELL WISHES.. hope everyone is well and healthy soon.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope tomorrow's test is a negative one. i don't think you would have been going anywhere today! No damage here so far but many others won't have been so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes we have battoned down the hatches here and moved the dustbins that were threatening to be blown up the garden. There are some trees down in the local area but nothing major reported so far.

      Delete
  3. Glad it was just a mild case. Thank goodness for vaccines, I don't care what anybody says. We've had two of the four in our house test positive (at least a year apart!) and while the first one was before vaccines, it was not a hospital case and the second was after vaccines so it was pretty mild. Do what your body asks, rest.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I've definitely been resting.

      Delete
  4. So sorry but I am happy your symptoms aren't too bad. Take care and rest all you need to. Glad the others you were around on Sunday are doing okay. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, that must have sucked, hope you're doing OK now and completely recovered! I am glad you were able to utilize the time and read a lot. Keep resting as much as you can! Over from the A-Z, but thought of hanging around a bit more and checking out non-April posts! Will keep hopping over from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.