Friday 18 February 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 18th February 2022


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over to her site to find out more and to find other like minded bloggers.

Here are my Five Faves of the week:

1)  I have a mild case of Covid.  That might seem strange but I'm thankful that I don't have a severe case and that I'm double vaccinated and boosted because otherwise I dread to think how ill I might have been this week.  I tested positive on Monday so have to isolate until 25th Feb (next Friday) unless I test negative tomorrow and Sunday. (Or any 2 consecutive days before next Friday.)

2)  We met up with quite a few extended family members last Sunday to wish one of our nephews and his fiancée good luck as they have since left for New York where he will be working.  It was lovely to catch up with family members, some who we hadn't seen for a while.

3)  I'm thankful that I only seem to have passed Covid onto my hubby and not to anyone at the gathering.  The excited couple had negative pre-flight tests and left as planned on Tuesday.  Fortunately Hubby's case of Covid also seems mild.  He tested positive yesterday despite us trying to avoid one another as much as possible.

4)  Online and home delivery of grocery shopping.  We wouldn't have starved but it was good to get our usual delivery today with things like milk and eggs etc.  Although we've both been contacted by our local council to check if we needed any support.  Thankfully we don't but good to know it's out there for those that do.

5)   Books to read!  The main symptoms I've had with Covid are cold like symptoms plus I've been very tired.  Thankfully with no commitments I've been able to take things really easy and I've managed to do a lot of reading this week.

As I'm writing this I'm listening to the wind from Storm Eunice which has swept across the UK today.  We were actually in a Red Alert area which is not something that happens often.  It has been very windy but thankfully we haven't suffered any damage although there are a few trees down in the local area and I expect there will be some down in the forest but the advice generally was to stay home unless it was absolutely necessary to go out.  Of course as we're isolating we didn't have any plans to go out anyway.  The winds seem to have eased a bit and currently the sun is shining.  

Have a good weekend all - ours will be quiet!

6 comments:

  1. I"m sorry to hear you are sick but praise God for those vaccinations...and sunshine.....we've had a very blustery windy day too here in NYS. Where in NY will your nephew be relocating to?? I am in the eastern area (Capital Region/Albany/Saratoga Springs). it's about 3 hours north of NYC.

    Glad you have lots of good books to read. I love reading!!

    Get well soon and have a restful, quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your Covid isn't bad and wasn't spread to those at the gathering, especially those traveling. I hope you and your husband will feel better soon. Home deliveries of groceries and meals are such a blessing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you got hit with the Covid bug. I'm glad it wasn't severe. There seems to be a lot of that going around here as well, even for the vaxed and boosted. I keep forgetting how convenient it was to have groceries delivered, or ready for pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading updates about Storm Eunice. Wow. You have been in quite a storm.
    Fortunately you haven't had strong symptoms of Covid--like you, ours were mild and more cold-like. Hurray for groceries (thank you, delivery people!) and home activities like reading to keep you occupied (what would we do without books??).
    Will your nephew be in NY City or in another town?
    Be well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad both you and your hubby only got mild symptoms. I'm always interested in the way other countries handle the isolation times. They all seem so different. How fun for your nephew and wife. Starting a new adventure in New York. Glad you stayed safe during the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you fair with the storm?
    I hope you are feeling better. Thankful that you have not had strong symptoms.. I hope you all are better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.