Tuesday 1 February 2022

Day off! (What's that?)

Having completed the Just Jot it January challenge I thought that I should at least try and post something today so I don't let my good habits start to slip.  However, once again, I'm posting late in the day when I'm tired and needing my bed.

Apart from posting a blog I had also decided that today was going to be a day off.  No work, just relaxing after all the hard work of the past few days.  What I'd forgotten though was that prior to planning for my daughter's move I had set up a few appointments to do with our house.

One of those was today - getting our boiler serviced!  At 8 am!  No lie in for me.  Ideally I would have had this done back in November ready for winter but anyway..... next year maybe.  Oops that's this year now.

So I was up early but I have had a lazy day.  We did get a few things done - we straightened up our hallway and garage from where I just dumped a lot of things from my daughter yesterday so the place looks a bit tidier and it's organised into areas at least - things for the loft, things that need to go to my daughter's house, things for the charity shop etc.  I don't mind having clutter in the house temporarily as long as it's organised clutter.

Apart from that I've watched some TV and finished the book I was reading.  I'll post a review of that soon.

I'm going to take a shower next and then head for bed.  Tomorrow is Wednesday and that means Vinny for the day but it will be slightly easier as my son will actually be at home as he's waiting in for delivery of a new bed for Rory so I'll spend the day at his place with Vinny.  Less travelling and a slightly shorter day.  Yay!

My daughter hadn't cleared her car out after yesterday so she took Nathan to school by train today.  He was quite excited about that.


Fortunately with lots of people still working from home the train wasn't very crowded and it didn't take too long.

Hope your week has got off to a good start.

2 comments:

  1. Cute photo of your sweet Nathan! He does look excited to be on the train! Hope you can sleep in and have a more relaxing day today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I think my days offs are when I actually get more things done around the house, and feel like I have accomplished something and the day's been actually productive! Though I work a desk job and work all weekdays, the physical home based items on my to-do list that keep getting checked off give me a whole different sense of satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.