Friday 25 February 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 25th February 2022


Every Friday Susanne, (at Living to tell the Story) reminds us to look back on the week and find the positives, the things to be grateful for.  It's not always easy, especially when we're still in a pandemic and there are conflicts going on such as Russia against Ukraine, but it does help keep us positive.

This week I'm grateful that:

1)  Hubby and I have had very mild cases of Covid.  We've had cold like symptoms but nothing major.  I'm sure being triple jabbed has been the reason for this.  My isolation period ended yesterday and Hubby's ends on Sunday but as of yesterday all our Covid restrictions have been relaxed.  Now if you test positive for Covid you do not have to isolate although we are still being advised to isolate for at least 5 days.  They are also going to phase out free tests.  It's good that we are reaching the stage where we can live with Covid but for people who are vulnerable it's not clear how they will keep themselves safe.  I'm not sure the Government have thought this through completely.

2)  Today I managed to put both my socks on!  Yes I know that sounds daft but on Monday morning I woke up to find my back was bad.  I don't know how or what I did but I could hardly move.  Getting out of bed was very difficult.  Getting to a standing position or then trying to get into a sitting position was extremely painful.  Every movement was hard.  I've had this happen before so I know that it will ease but it's taking time.  Keeping moving is the important thing to do but it's been hard just to do simple things like get dressed.  Hubby has been a great help - even putting my socks on and helping me shower.  It's improving each day but it's a slow process.

3)  Lots of books to read.  Between moving around the most comfortable position earlier in the week was lying flat.  I've read a lot of books on my Kindle app this week.  I've also been doing the daily Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, Sedecordle, Worldle and Globle.  I've given up on Nerdle.  Even though all of these only have 1 puzzle a day it's still time consuming lol.

4)  We managed to come through the recent storms that hit the UK with no damage to our property.  It has been very wet and windy but today we have bright sunshine and there is just a gentle breeze.

5)  We don't live in an area of conflict.  I can't even imagine what it must be like for Ukrainians at the moment or any other groups that are being oppressed.  I hope a resolution can be found quickly and bloodshed kept to a minimum.

So nothing exciting going on here.  It's been a very quiet week.  We haven't even seen any of the grandchildren except on video calls which I'm also grateful for.

I hope you all have a good weekend.  I think ours will be quiet as my back continues to recover.  


10 comments:

  1. Amen to your comment about the Ukraine. What is going on there is so sad and troubling. I am glad you had a quiet week so you could rest and heal your back. Having a lot of good books to read always helps the week go better. So glad you didn't have any damage at your place from the high winds. Your winds made in on the news over here last week. There was video of a plane having a very difficult time landing in the high winds at Heathrow. Sometimes it's good to have a quiet, relaxing week without a lot going on. See you again soon. Have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our world will never know true peace, will it, until the return of Jesus and the New Heaven. Sigh. I'm praying for those Ukrainians...it must be so difficult. I feel your pain! I was like that and had to have an MRI (in 2012) when it was discovered i had two slipped discs!! regular visits to my chiropractor throughout the year is the only thing that helps me along with a few yoga stretches she has me doing. I will definitely pray for your back to heal well! Glad you are on the mend. and in my opinion, we don't need a government to tell us how to stay safe from any physical ailments. If people would get the vaccine, wash their hands, stay home when ill, and mask up if they're sick and have to go out, they will be ok. At least that's what we've done. Enjoy a quiet weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine living through something like that either. Praying that we never have to, although if the Republican's take over here, I fear for us. Clad you are recovering. Have a great weekend.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's more or less the same life I have here too, but instead of reading books I am very much occupied to clean Rick's computer and learn a lot !I also like to read old posts and so the time goes by. On Wednesday and Saturdays I visit Rick, I can't go more often it's not good for my health and I have to stay strong. I hope spring will move in soon, with some sunshine everything looks better (except the dust !)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there are so many other games like Wordle. I am easily addicted, so not sure I will look at them just now. Glad you are feeling better on both fronts. I've had back issues and they are not fun. Looking forward to nicer weather here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I play Wordle, and I have heard of the others, but have not checked them out yet. I might try a couple. Like Karen said, I don't want to get too many going on, but they are fun and good brain exercise.

    It's hard when one's back gets like that, especially for no known reason. Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad your Covid wasn't too bad and the storms didn't hit you badly. Good books are a big fave.

    We're prying for a quick end to the conflict in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your back and pray it continues to heal. After having just lived through a 3 week stint of extreme pain with sciatica I totally don't think listing putting on socks as a favorite blessing is daft at all! It's a sign of healing! So glad you passed thru having covid without any major symptoms. So far wordle has not appealed to me. Maybe that's a good thing? LOL. Enjoy your nicer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like quiet weeks. Books, rest, sunshine, health, safety. That says it all. I'm glad you've had all those things this week. Hope your back improves!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your back continues to heal.
    We received 8 more inches of snow, but the sun is warming up as it is getting closer to spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand the back comment and am glad yours is feeling better. We are having spring like weather this week and I'm so ready for it. I think for most of us now, if we didn't know Covid was a thing, we'd say we have a cold. The vulnerable will need to continue to be mindful of their health I think, but I'm so glad normal life is looking more normal.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.