Wednesday 2 February 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 2nd February 2022


For details of the Hodgepodge and to see other participants go here.

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge landing on Groundhog's Day sounds about right. Besides the Hodgepodge what else lands on your calendar just once a week? Is it as much fun as the Hodgepodge-ha!? 

There are several things I can think of - putting the bins out, doing my online shopping order, booking a slot for my online shopping order etc etc all those fun boring things lol.  The fun thing that does happen on my calendar each week is looking after Grandson Vinny which I do every Wednesday.

2. The Winter Olympics begin on Friday, surrounded by much controversy. Will you be watching? Why or why not? Have you ever been to China?

I will be watching certain sports such as Ice skating which I enjoy and some where Brits might have a medal chance but I can take it or leave it.  I have not been or am ever likely to go to China.

3. Something in your life lately that has felt a bit like an 'olympic event'? 

Helping my daughter and her family move house.  It's felt like a marathon with a sprint finish.  It's over now in that they are in their new home but still a lot of unpacking and sorting out to do.

4. Do you like fondue? Sweet or savory? Restaurant only or do you own your own fondue set?

Well we used to have a fondue set - I think it was gifted to us when they were more fashionable.  We used it for meat but of course I prefer a chocolate one.

5. Give us five short (2-3 word) phrases to sum up your January. 

Busy Busy Busy

Beautiful sunsets (which I haven't photographed)

More blogging

More reading

More focussed

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I feel good about the way 2022 has started.  I've definitely been more focussed and productive but it was also quite tough helping my daughter and her family move house.  This is something that's been a long time coming - they've been wanting to buy their own home for a while and for a variety of reasons it just hadn't happened.  It's been very stressful for them but hopefully things will be a bit easier now.  It made it very clear though, that you never stop looking out for your kids, even when they're grown ups!

4 comments:

  1. Of course parents never stop looking out for their kids!! You definitely got a Gold medal for your help with their move!! Get some rest now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about looking after our kids...forever. How nice that you could help them with the move. Moving is not for the weak...
    Happy February and Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I agree with that comment, you never stop looking out for your kids. So true Wendy!
    Happy February!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolate fondue but can only handle so much. I love a good sunset. Here's to a great 2022

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.