Wednesday 9 February 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 9th February 2022



Joyce hosts the Wednesday Hodgepodge over at From this side of the Pond.  You can find out more about the Hodgepodge and see who else is playing by popping over there.

1. Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart?

Well I'm still pretty good at my name rank and National Insurance Number here and I'm reasonably good with my passwords.  I used to be really good with telephone numbers until mobiles were invented.  There's no logic to them like there was with landlines.  The only 2 mobile numbers I know are my own and hubby's.   I don't even know our kids' numbers because some of them have changed several times and now with a smart phone there's no need!

2. Something recently that had you tickled pink?

I took a video of Grandson Vinny where he was laughing at me playing peek-a-boo with him.  What was funnier though was him laughing at himself when I played him the video.

3. How do you define the word romantic, and are you one? 

Being romantic for me means showing loving gestures.  I'm not particularly romantic and Hubby definitely isn't although sometimes he does surprise me.

4. Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue...

Although none of us is perfect, I still love you. 

5. Five little things you are loving right now? 

Days getting longer

HelloFresh meals

Good news from a family member

Having space for family get togethers

Smiles from Grandkids

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Sometimes it is just the little things that keep us going.  Even when things are tough.

Actually things aren't really tough for us, we're fortunate in so many ways but that doesn't stop anxiety or other problems but the welcome we get from the grandkids always lifts me up.  They are (nearly) always pleased to see us.

I clarified that last fact because there was one occasion when I collected Grandson Rory from nursery and he didn't seem pleased to see me.  He didn't even want to tell the carer who I was.  He seemed quite subdued but halfway home I discovered why.  "Nanny I need a wee".  Fortunately his home is only a short walk from the nursery but I've never walked it so fast as we did that day and we made it home - just! lol


12 comments:

  1. Oh, poor sweet Rory!! Glad you made it home in time!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandkids can always brighten up your day no matter how down you might be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except when they're testing your patience to the limit lol

      Delete
  3. Nice answers. I don't remember the kid's phone numbers either because the phones remember them for me. Only so much space in my head, you Know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and sometimes it feels like your head wants to explode with all the things we have to remember lol

      Delete
  4. Ha! Nanny, I need to wee, that is so cute. I am happy you made it in time.

    I enjoyed your five little things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL, laughing about little Rory. It makes my day when we pick up the grandkids from school and they are so happy to see us. Of course, if it's just me, the first thing they ask is Where's PopPop? which makes me think they like him better! But, they ask him the same thing when I'm not there, so I guess they are just used to seeing us together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right - at least I hope so because I always get asked where's Grandpa when I'm on my own.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks. Vinny loves to watch videos of him or the other grandkids on my phone.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.