Friday 20 March 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 20/3/20


In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

Here are mine:

1)  A roof over my head.  I might be stuck with it longer than I'd hoped - there is so much uncertainty and new measures being implemented all the time that our decision to move may well have to wait but in the meantime I'm grateful for the security of a home.

2) Economic stability.  My hubby is a civil servant and although he's now having to work from home his job is secure.  

3)  Food in my house.  We've gone back to having our Hello Fresh deliver which takes care of 3 meals a week.  We've also been trying out Simply Cook which does require you buying stuff to go with the sauce/spice pots they supply and so far we've managed to get the food we need.  Having said that I did quite a big shop just before everything started going mad.  However having a cellar and a freezer meant we are always pretty well stocked and hopefully by the time we start to get low the panic buying will have eased.  I've also got a delivery slot booked for 2 weeks today.  (The earliest I could get!)  Again hopefully by then things will have settled a bit and we should be able to get the minimum of things.  Our son managed to get a delivery yesterday but they seem to have limited everything to a quantity of 1.

3)  Our NHS (probably should have had this at #1)  They're doing a fantastic job and we should all be grateful for them and help out wherever possible.

4)  Plenty to do at home.  I have books, craft supplies, jigsaw puzzles, plus all the prep for moving which we'll still continue with (checked out all our tents yesterday that we need to get rid of) and then of course there is social media for keeping in touch and lots on TV to watch.

5)  Open space on my doorstep to be able to get outside for some fresh air and a walk.  At least while we're still allowed to do so!

PS Thanks to all who sent good wishes for Noah.  Turns out he hadn't fractured his elbow so the sling is off and he seems fine.  Another thing to be thankful for.

Stay safe and well everyone.


19 comments:

  1. These are certainly frightening times. The grocery store just around the corner still has deliveries coming in so I go every other day or so to stock up a bit on what I can. I pray that this will not last long and we may have flattened the curve a bit with our precautions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're going to be in it for the long haul.

      Delete
  2. Here in NY everyone is still in panic mode....well the people who don't know the peace of God i mean.
    I didn't have a problem getting what i wanted for the weeks food but I'm tempted to sign up again for Hello Fresh!! (Assuming they can get supplies!)

    Thankful your Noah is ok!!

    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that the panic buying will ease. Our stores are making times available for elderly and NHS staff which will help them. I've managed to get a couple of home delivery spots booked in 2 and 3 weeks time so we will be fine.

      Delete
  3. Normally fresh air is recommended and you are allowed to walk around keeping a distance of 1.50 m and not in groups. Apparently it should be finished in China and we should reach the peak this weekend, I don't know how they know all that ! Because 200 km further it's another date !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The statistics keep changing all the time!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great list. We really have everything of necessity, don't we? I'm glad to hear that Noah is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone stay well and safe.. Hopefully it will be a beautiful first weekend of spring and we can all get out and get fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather has been bright and sunny this weekend (but chilly) so yes thankfully we've been able to get out for some fresh air.

      Delete
  6. Glad Noah is going to be just fine! These are sure uncertain times. I'm glad you are being fluid about the move and seem to be okay with which way you end up going. Do, please, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear Noah is alright.
    Take care my friend.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankful Noah is ok! It's hard to have the house sale halted. But maybe that will give you time to go through things. Like you, I have plenty of projects to do and books to read, so I don't mind the being at home part. We're ok on provisions, and I pray as well that the panic buying will stop and supplies will be available when needed. Lots of stores are limiting purchases now to combat hoarding. I'm glad your husband's job is secure. So far my husband and sons are still working from home. I think two of them are in secure jobs--hope all of them are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have a lot of time on our hands - working from home is great in theory but not always easy in practise. This thing is going to be long term.

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear Noah is OK!
    Like you, I am thankful that all my children are able to keep working their jobs from home. That truly is a blessing.
    Our home selling is put on hold too.
    Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.