Wednesday 3 May 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 3/5/23


Joyce gives us the questions for the Hodgepodge each week.  You can join in here.

1. What's something you 'may' do this month? 
I'd like to go to the Van Gogh Immersive Experience which is currently on in London but there are other things I need to get done first (like sorting out clothing for a wedding next month in Spain!) so I might have to push it back to June.

2. "All things seem possible in May"~Edwin Way Teale. Do you agree? Elaborate. If not May, then in which month if any would you say all things seem possible? 

I think maybe because by May we usually feel that winter is really behind us and things start looking up that maybe we're more positive about things in general.  Although of course it depends on what things we're considering.

3. April showers bring May flowers...is this true where you live? What's your favourite colour of the rainbow? Your favourite May bloom? Do you enjoy visiting gardens? What's a 'famous' garden you'd like to visit? 

There are definitely more flowers coming out now the weather is improving.  My favourite colour is blue.  I love seeing the blossoms on the trees but some of them are so short lived.  I do enjoy visiting gardens but I don't have one on my to visit list right now.

4. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series of films? If so how many have you seen? (I think there are 12) Are you a fan of the sci-fi genre in general, in either books or movies? What's your favourite sci-fi book or movie? 

Umm I think I might have seen 3.  I don't dislike them but it's not a favourite genre of mine.  Although I'm currently on my second Terry Pratchett Discworld novel as they were on the BBC best 100 books list I'm (very) slowly working through.

5. Cinco de Mayo lands on Friday of this week...do you enjoy Mexican food? How often? Do you eat out or make your own? Your favourite thing to order in a Mexican restaurant? Have you ever been to Mexico? 

Mexican food is not really a favourite of mine and no I've never been to Mexico.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

As mentioned above we're off to a wedding in Spain next month and before that we have a few days away with all the kids.  I really need to go through my wardrobe!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    How exciting to head off to Spain to attend a wedding. Is this your first visit to Spain?
    Happy May to you,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Van Gogh Immersive Experience when it was in Sarasota, FL. It was awesome but take a chair if you don't want to stand for 90 minutes. My boss and his wife sat on the floor and got Covid from doing that. I didn't sit on the floor and neither did out other friend and we did not get Covid. Just a thought! How fun that you will be attending a wedding in Spain and before that have a great family vacation time planned! Awesome!! I will look forward to pictures and reading about it here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Van Gogh Immersive Experience was here in Birmingham, AL a while back and I wanted to go but never did. How exciting about your upcoming travel to Spain. Please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trip to Spain sounds exciting! I've never been across the Atlantic, but if I were to go, I think Spain sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. How exciting to head to spain for a wedding. Enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.