Friday 19 May 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 19/5/23


It's Friday!  Time to look back on the blessings of the past week.  Thanks to our host Susanne who you can find here.

1)  Firstly I'm grateful to Susanne for keeping the Friday Five going each week especially when I've had a week of no blogging.  A weekly post is better than nothing.

2)  We celebrated 2 birthdays this week - our daughter's was last Saturday and we babysat for her so she and her wife could go out for dinner and see a show.  We even managed to get the kids in bed and asleep.  The second birthday was Grandson Noah's.  He turned 5 on Wednesday.  We didn't get to see him but we'll celebrate when we're all together for Rory's birthday in a couple of weeks.

3)  Grateful to have lovely DILs.  Noah's Mummy was set a challenge this week - Noah wanted a snail cake for his birthday.  She didn't disappoint him.


4)  There were a couple of things going on this week that were causing me a bit of anxiety but thankfully they were both resolved.

5)  We had a good time visiting some of the stalls taking part in the Jumble Trail last Sunday.  The weather was lovely so it was nice to be out and about.  We didn't buy much - just a couple of bits for the Grandkids and a couple of albums and CDs for Hubby.

Bonus item - I finally managed to finish The Picture of Dorian Gray which Goodreads describes as:

For over a century, this mesmerizing tale of horror and suspense has enjoyed wide popularity. It ranks as one of Wilde's most important creations and among the classic achievements of its kind.

Well it took me 10 days to read, even though it's not a particularly long book.  It was not mesmerizing or suspenseful but it is another book ticked off the BBC list.  I've moved onto a chick lit book now for some light relief!  

Have a good weekend all.

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. That cake is cute. My husband and I just finished watching The Crown on Netflix. He is not much of a reader, but at least he watched historical things on tv with me. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I am way behind on The Crown.

      Delete
  2. I love that cute cake Noah got for his birthday. We have several family birthdays in May as well. My reading has really slowed down of late. I need to click it back up again. My husband read The Picture of Dorian Gray years ago and said it was boring, so I never picked it up. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wouldn't recommend Dorian Gray to anyone lol

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter and to Noah! That cake is amazing!
    Good to hear that the stressful situations were resolved. True relief there.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading Dorian Grey quite a number of years ago and feeling just about the same way about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone in my opinion.

      Delete
  5. what a CUTE cake! And I just finished up a book set in Suffolk England they talked about a "jumble". I had NO idea what in the world that was but based on context i surmised it must be like our Garage Sales?? or thrift store sales??
    Glad you found a resolution to whatever the problem was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The children love to throw out these challenges. A great cake. Admire you for completing the read. I feel life is too short now to persevere with books I am not enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the BBC list is my equivalent of your tube station visits although I suspect I will never complete my challenge lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.