Friday 5 May 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 5/5/23


On Friday's Susanne prompts us to look back on our week and find the good things we're thankful for.  You can find out more and see who else is joining in here.

1.  Time with Grandsons Noah and Miles.  We hadn't seen them for a while and they're both just getting over chicken pox but they were here last weekend for Nathan's birthday party.

2.  We attended a friend of ours 60th birthday party on Sunday and there were people there that we hadn't seen in a long time.  It was good to be able to catch up.

3.  Good weather this week - I’ve been able to walk around the lake.

4.  Ella was here with her Mummies on Wednesday. Her talking is coming on. She knows a lot of words but still chatters away to herself a lot which is rather cute.

5. Babysitting Rory and Vinny tonight and they’re both in bed without too much hassle. Hopefully they’ll be asleep soon and I’ll have a quiet evening. Their parents have gone to see Les Miserables.

Have a good weekend all. We have another holiday on Monday because of the King’s Coronation but we have no set plans. The forecast is for rain.

Start here

11 comments:

  1. I used to love all the pomp and circumstance of the Royal Family but.....no offense....I cannot STAND your "king". I have to teach all day so probably won't watch the coronation.
    How fun to babysit your grands and how nice of you so the parents can go out to see my fave musical!!
    Lake walks sounds lovely.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been surprised at how well King Charles seems to have been accepted but he has definitely matured over time. The coronation was a great piece of pomp and pageantry despite the rain all day yesterday. I'll be back to wellies for walks as the paths will be muddy again.

      Delete
  2. I've enjoyed watching the coverage for the coronation. I hope the weather surprises you all and it's a nice day. I do enjoy the traditions and history of the monarchy. I don't think I'll be up at 4 a.m. to watch the ceremonies, though! I'll catch the reruns:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained on and off all day but it didn't spoil it. Us Brits do know how to do pomp and pageantry lol.

      Delete
  3. You are so blessed to have five of your grands so close and be able to spend time with them. They will learn to treasure those times with you, too.
    Good weather! Yay! I'm glad you were able to get out for walks. Our sunshine finally arrived yesterday! Now to get outside in the back garden... are you planting flowers or veg?
    Have a good weekend, with the extra day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not planting veg but hope to get some flowers in pots soon.

      Delete
  4. It's so nice to be near the grands and see them so often. It's great to catch up with old friends. I didn't get up early to see the coronation, but I'm sure there will be recordings of it. I did read a couple of articles telling how nearly every aspect of the ceremony is steeped in traditions and significance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many traditions but it's the first one I've been able to watch. Had peace and quiet at home - hubby took himself out as he's not a great fan of royalty.

      Delete
  5. What a great opportunity for your family to see Les Miserables! I've only seen snatches of it. I watched most of the Coronation this morning. It began at 6 am, my time and I didn't tune in until soon after King Charles was crowned. Such pageantry! I'm glad I was able to see one at least once in my life. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and his wife really enjoyed Les Miserables. I watched the Coronation from start to finish - might be the only one I get to see lol.

      Delete
  6. How nice to have more time with all the grandkids. And a blessing to see old friends. I didn't get a chance to watch the coronation as we were out of town. I've seen tiny bits and pieces but I'm sure I can find it on youtube somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.