Friday 26 January 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 26/1/24


It's Friday so time to look back on the week and remember the good things.  Like minded bloggers can be found here on host Susanne's site.

1)  Saturday was a quiet day but on Sunday we had my daughter and her family here for lunch.  Always good to have family time.

2)  Tuesday was a topsy turvy day - I had to be up early to take Grandson Nathan to school and then I thought I was having lunch with friends but I mixed my days up - it was actually arranged for Wednesday but our host Catherine was very kind and asked me still to go for a cup of tea and a sandwich. I was grateful for that because I was quite hungry by the time I got to her flat lol.

3)  A ladies lunch on Wednesday!  (Not sure how I'd mixed up the days but I returned to Catherine's again on Wednesday lol.) We hadn't been together for a while so it was good to catch up with them.  Catherine made a lovely Tuscan chicken dish and then, because it had been Mary's birthday at the weekend we had birthday cake for dessert.

4)  A good day at the Food Bank on Thursday - we had a Food Hygiene  inspection visit from the local authority and we passed with flying colours - we got the highest rating which is 5 and we all breathed a sigh of relief!   And the certificate is already on display.  (Any premises providing food has to display their certificate whatever their rating is.)



5)  I'm thankful for the ease in which we can communicate with one another so easily with social media, WhatsApp etc, especially with my son and his family who do not live that close to us.  They sent us this picture this week of a very proud Miles who had been tracing the letter of his name at nursery.  You can't see the smile but we know it's there lol.


So that sums up my week.  We managed to get through both storm Isha and Jocylyn this week too.  Other parts of the country were worst hit by these and it was quite wet and windy here but nothing too worrying.  However, following the very cold spell we had and then a much warmer week, there have been a few problems with burst water pipes and holes appearing in the roads locally.  This was in one road before it was repaired.  It's been dug out quite a bit so they could get to the water main but before they started the repairs one poor lady ended up with her car wheel stuck in the original pot hole. It caused chaos for a couple of days as the road had to be closed while the repair works were undertaken.

There was another hole like this on one of the main roads which caused the buses to be diverted!

Have a good weekend all.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! That's some hole in the road! It looks like a sinkhole that I've seen in Florida. I'm glad that you were able to still have a lunch with a friend, even if you got the dates mixed up. And you got to have lunch with friends twice in a row! I too am thankful for social media. I have friends who I may never meet face to face but I have gotten to know them from their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge hole in the road! Wow. Glad you got through the two storms, though! Congrats on the good inspection at the food pantry! Miles is adorable and I can see his smile in his eyes!! Wendy, I wish you a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is quite a pothole! Your grandson is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have times with friends--even an extra one when getting the days mixed up. Miles looks so cute. Good job on the food bank rating! Wow, that is some pothole. I hope it's fixed by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Miles for doing such a good job! He does look so proud of himself.
    Wow, that is quite a hole in the road. Fortunately, no one was injured.. just many people inconvenienced.
    Time with friends is always high on my fave list. Even having an 'unplanned' extra lunch is good.
    Hoping for better weather for you (and us). Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Times with friends is always nice. I love that picture with Miles. He must have been so happy with his name!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.