Tuesday 30 January 2024

Just Jot it January 2024 - 30/1/24 - Calendar


The penultimate day of the challenge!  The prompt today is Calendar and it's provided by our host Linda who blogs here.

I love a calendar.  I have a couple up in my house.  My cousin kindly sent me one with dogs on it - she and her hubby are very involved with a dog rescue centre where they live and the calendar is a fundraiser for them.  

I also received one from my daughter and her family this year which has photos of them on each month.

Too cute!

But of course I also use the calendar app on my phone.  I'd be lost without it.  I wrote yesterday about how many members there are in Hubby's extended family and all their birthday's are in my phone.  We also have a family WhatsApp group and on a birthday (which sometimes feels like every day!) there are messages after messages after messages!  Thankfully I worked out how to silence the "ping" every time a message arrives!

Setting up the paper version takes a while at the start of the year but at least once things are in the phone calendar they automatically repeat.

It might seem mad to have a paper and electronic calendar but I always have this dread of the phone failing somehow and losing all that info.  I know that's unlikely and, if the worst did happen, I could set it up from scratch.

Oh and I also have a journal type book that also contains calendars. 

This is all a bit time consuming and of course sometimes there are errors - like last week when I had lunch with one friend twice because I'd got the wrong date in my phone!  I turned up a day early and she kindly gave me tea and a sandwich and then I returned the following day with the rest of our Ladies Lunch group and was fed again!

6 comments:

  1. I have a desk calendar at my job but use Google calendar on my phone and laptop (they sync with each other). Not sure how anyone can get by without at least one calendar! Happy hump day, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an electronic and a paper calendar too. I do find it's easy to make errors on the electronic version and have to recheck when I enter to be sure the date and time went in correctly. I missed a hair appointment once because it went in as 1 PM instead of 9. ugh! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still use a small diary that fits in my handbag. I would be lost without it. The days of remembering events, dates and times are long since gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I absolutely agree with that. If it's not on my calendar it won't happen.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.