Wednesday 24 June 2015

First post challenge


I've noticed a few bloggers doing a first post challenge so I'm gatecrashing.

 Here are the rules:

Copy-paste, link, pingback or whatever way you want to, your first post.
Here's mine:
 First Blogger post

State what type of post that was. E.G. Introduction, Story, Poem

A very brief introduction done on 12th August 2012.

Explain why that was your first post.

It wasn't actually my very first post but it was my first post here on blogger.  I'd originally started out on Yahoo and when that folded I switched to Multiply and then to Blogger.  Hopefully I won't be switching again any time soon.  I've also toyed with Ipernity but didn't like that much and I do have a Wordpress account so that I can follow other people. I also use Google+ but I'm not a huge fan.

I originally got into blogging because my cousin encouraged me to.  She used to blog a lot but recently she has been developing her own home business (making and selling a variety of items) so her etsy site and sewing are taking priority.

Having said that I was looking at my stats.  In 2012 I posted 22 times.  In 2013 that dropped to 15 and in 2014 I only managed a measely 5 posts!

I'm pleased to see that this year I'm up to 65 posts already.  Most of those were generated by taking part in the A-Z challenge but hopefully I'll be able to keep up the momentum.  Especially now that I don't have a stressful time consuming job to worry about.

Nominate 5 other bloggers. Five because I know the pain of opening a lot of tabs at once.

Well I'm not nominating anyone so no pressure but if you want to join in just follow the rules.



3 comments:

  1. glad you decided to play! I hope to hear more from you now the A-Z challenge has got you going again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You always blame me. I like this and might join in if there isn't a time limit. I am in the van right now and just catching up on stuff on my iPad.

    Did you know that Cindy has got a challenge going, starting 1st of July called 30 days of shorts. It is short stories and I know you like to write and you like a challenge......

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first post wasn't that long ago... I'm a relative newbie to blogging... it was all going swimmingly until a strange incident a few weeks ago when a strange man came seeking me having pieced togther information from photos and posts about where I live... now I'm reticent. Hesitant. A little freaked out

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.