Thursday 29 October 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge 28/10/15



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I’m totally comfortable with silence.  I don’t feel the need for noise when I’m home alone although I will sometimes put the radio on or of course I might be watching TV.  I love (occasionally!) getting up before anyone else and just having my breakfast on my own in the quiet of the kitchen. 
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure? 
You’re asking a chocaholic to choose?!!!!  If I really must it would be chocolate pie especially now that we’ve finished the chocolate wedding cake we brought back from our daughter’s wedding.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I love blue jeans.  I have several pairs plus a black pair.  Wear them all the time now that I’m not working unless an occasion calls for something a bit smarter.  I do own a blue jean jacket but I never wear it so that really should go in the jumble pile.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
Not particularly but I don’t like tempting fate. 
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
Not sure exactly but there is a storage bag with lots of stuff the kids didn’t take with them when they moved out so I’m sure I could come up with something.
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
Having said above that I like silence I’m not great with it late at night if I’m home alone and then I hear an unfamiliar noise.  When we were first here I went down to the kitchen one night.  Hubby was out and kids were asleep at the top of the house.  I suddenly heard the sound of a step on the stairs as is someone was approaching the kitchen.  Scared me to death.  I investigated.  No one there.  It took us a while to work out one of the stairs creak not when you step on it, but when the board springs back a few moments later!   
7. Perhaps today will be the day I get back on track after the wedding.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Our daughter got married on Sunday and I’ve done two blogs about it.  Last minute preparations and The Wedding Day.  That’s why I’m late with my Hodgepodge post.

5 comments:

  1. I just hopped over and read your wedding day post. I think there's always some little hiccup that makes for a fun memory. The cake! Oh my that is gorgeous! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a chocolate wedding cake! What could be better? The wedding looked fabulous and the girls are gorgeous! Hope you have a great week without any "bumps in the night"

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoyed your hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I enjoyed your Hodgepodge, but loved reading your two posts about the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that a chocolate wedding cake sounds great, too!

    We've lived in some pretty creaky houses over the years. The last house that David lived in with his parents was really creaky. It often creaked in a footstep pattern, going around the furniture, etc.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.