Saturday, 16 January 2016
What?! SoCS - Stream of consciousness Saturday
What the hell am I doing compiling a post on SoCS for the first time when I have lots of other things to be doing? Especially when it's already led me to exploring pingbacks, trackbacks, and other stuff that I still don't totally understand. I know that pingbacks work best on Wordpress and I'm on blogger so that immediately makes for difficulties. I've given up on the explanations. I will find a way to link my blog back to Linda's. Somehow. I should just stop reading blogs like Judy's (Edwina's Episodes) when I need to be doing other things. Like having lunch. Taking the washing out to dry. Oh I could be having so much more fun. Not! I like blogging. It's Saturday. I'm supposed to not be thinging about this blog post too much. Just editing typos. Not editing. That will be hard. Why? Oh no the prompt was what?
If you would like to join in with this here's the link to Linda's blog
The rules are as follows:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!