Friday 12 February 2016

Friday's Fave Five 12/2/16


This is a new venture for me this week.  If you want to join in this is where to go Friday's Fave Five

I found my way there via Joyce's blog and as I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment I thought it would be good to count some blessings.  That's the premise for this meme - It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.

1.  Tissues.  I have a rotten cough and cold at the moment so I'm glad to have tissues around rather than having lots of handkerchiefs to wash.

2.  The internet.  It has helped keep me occupied when I haven't felt like doing much this week.

3.  Dinner with family members.  We were invited to dinner at hubby's sister's house on Wednesday and her hubby made a lovely dinner of lamb chops and vegetables.  The food was lovely but the company, including another sister and her husband made it a really enjoyable evening.

4.  A safe delivery of a family member's baby - my husband's cousin has become a Grandmother and we were all pleased to hear the news and that mother and baby were both well.

5.  The various discussions during the week on our extended family Whatsapp group.  The exchanges are often funny (although sometime stoop to toilet humour), always friendly and often caring.  The age range spans from 16 -60+ and it's such a great way of keeping everyone in the loop about what's happening in each family.  One thing our family can't be accused of is not communicating with one another.  It also enabled us to see a picture of the new baby.

Nothing exciting there but hopefully I'll be up and about more next week and have more to share.  Have a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Not come across this one before but I like it because it has a positive stance. I am off to check it out now. Hope you feel beeter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, Wendy. I love your feeling grateful for tissues--it's the little, specific things that count for so much.

    Lorrie at www.shrinkrapped.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. New here, really enjoyed these Friday Faves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh great faves. It's great that there are so many relational good times! Hope you don't need those tissues soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many people have colds here in Waterloo/Brussels too, no wonder with this roller coaster weather we have ! I like this theme too, because I can go back in years to see what I had written each Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand feeling sorry for yourself when you have a cold. So miserable! Hope you're feeling better soon, and have can enjoy some of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the FFF!!! you will love it!! great list of faves! I hope you are starting to feel better!!,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to FFF! I hope you're feeling better by now. And yes, I agree--tissues for wiping our noses is truly a blessing (much more hygienic than hankies).
    Hurray for the new baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.