Monday 15 February 2016

Fitbit - Which bit?! 15/2/16



You may recall me mentioning that I acquired a FitBit at Christmas time.  One of those devices that records your steps etc and connects to an app where you can track your progress on losing weight/getting fit.

Well I think my FitBit must be wondering what it's there for at the moment.  I still can't shake off this cough I've had since last week.  My step count has been so low I'm surprised it's even registered them and as for active time.  Zilch.

I did manage to get out for a bit of fresh air today - but only as far as the local pharmacy to get a different cough linctus so I did a whole, wait for it, 15 minutes of walking and at present, clocked up 3278 steps.

My schedule of building up to the recommended 10,000 steps a day has been thrown out of the window.  I did a baseline week initially which showed I was doing about 6000 steps on average per day so I mapped out a plan to increase that gradually each week.  Plus to increase my liquid intake.  I was at 1 litre and want to get up to 2 litres a day but that has to be done VERY gradually - I make enough trips to the loo already so I need to work on that one slowly.

(Notice I said liquid intake - I'd find it hard to drink 2 litres of water every day but I reckon that cups of tea are mostly water and I drink a lot of them in a day so they're being included in my totals!)

Am I disheartened?  A bit of course but life just gets in the way sometimes and we have to go with the flow.  The flow is very slow right now.  The only good thing was, that despite feeling so unwell and doing very little, yet managing to eat fairly normally, I lost 2lb last week.

With that incentive I'll carry on!

1 comment:

  1. Two pounds is GREAT!! Keep us the good work, feel better, and don't worry about the fitbit!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.