Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. How should success be measured? Using that as your standard, who is the most successful person you know? (Or one of the most successful?)
Nice easy starter, Not! I suppose by a person’s achievements and their legacy. And how these were obtained. No good doing lots of good things if you’ve trampled on people to get there. Difficult to pick just one person but people who have made a difference in the world spring to mind, especially in scientific fields. (E.g. Dr Christian Barnard – first heart transplant surgeon or the doctors who created the first test tube baby, or Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web.)
2. Have you ever been to a hot air balloon launch/fest/party? Ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon? Is that on your bucket list? No, no and no! Guess I’m boring. (Or definitely unadventurous.)
According to Frommers the ten best hot air balloon adventures in the world are-
Loire Valley (France), the Serengeti (Tanzania), Napa Valley (California), Lake Champlain (Vermont), Cappadocia (Turkey), Istria (Croatia), Gstaad (Switzerland), Yarra Valley (Australia), Muelle (Costa Rica), and Albuquerque (New Mexico).
Which one on the list would you most like to experience?
None of them in a hot air balloon. I don’t think I’d even be comfortable in a helicopter. Don’t mind a trek though.
3. May 25th is National Brown-Bag It Day. Did you/will you pack a lunch today? When did you last pack a lunch for someone and what are your go-to ingredients for a brown bag lunch?
I don’t often do a packed lunch these days but when I was researching for my A-Z posts I did take a lunch out a couple of times. Usually a sandwich, crisps, a sweet treat of some sort. Nothing fancy. We don’t usually brown bags either.
4. What's one of your favorite dance scenes from a movie or television show?
The finale of Dirty Dancing.
5. John F. Kennedy made famous the line, '...Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." So what can you do for your country?
Be a good citizen?
6. Weekends are made for... R & R
7. On this last Wednesday of the month, bid farewell to the month of May in seven words or less.
Goodbye May. Overall a good month.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Hard questions this week Joyce.