Friday 2 February 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 02/02/18

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story invites us to look back each week on Fridays and find 5 things that we can count as blessings.  It's good to stop and reflect.  Click on her link to join in or just check out the other participants.

Here are my 5 for this week:

Getting out for a long walk.  I managed 3 miles which is the furthest I've been this year!  The weather was cold but there was (some) blue sky.




New walking shoes that seem comfortable.  I bought these ages ago but hadn't needed to wear them.  It was quite muddy when I walked this week so I thought it was time I tried them out.  At first I thought they were going to be uncomfortable but as I progressed they eased up and I think they are going to be fine.


A trip to the cinema followed by a meal out with hubby.  Something else we've been meaning to do for ages but hadn't got around to.  We saw The Post with Meryl Streep & Tom Hanks.

Time with Grandson Nathan.  He was on really good form.

Completing the Just Jot it January blog challenge.  There were a few days I missed and sometimes I didn't always follow the prompt but I was definitely blogging more often.  Now I have to keep up the momentum.

And a bonus - homemade chocolate tart!  As usual I forgot to take a photo until it had been started on but better late then never.

Have a good weekend all. 

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, that chocolate tart looks so good! Time with the grandson is such fun. It always takes a few wearings before my shoes really feel completely comfortable. Glad you found some good ones! And congratulations on 3 miles walked! Sounds like a great date with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great photos. I had to giggle about your tart photo because there are times when I realize it's too late for a pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate looks yummy! Lots of folks are seeing "The Post" and say it is good. We just don't get to the movies very often. Your new shoes do look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I'm wanting to see THe Post. We rarely go out to movies and instead wait for them to appear on Netflix. cheaper that way!! but i have a gift card so maybe this weekend......hm....

    your new walking shoes look like one of my pairs of hiking boots!!

    the chocolate tart looks decadent!

    happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post, Wendy...at least you don't have snow and can get out to walk (we have a lot of snow and believe me, hardly see anyone out and about). Hope you have a lovely weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you like The Post? It's on my list to see before the Oscars, but I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boots look good for walking ! I can't get out my DH to the cinema or elsewhere ! The weather is still lousy here, today a little sunshine but not for long !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't been to the cinema for ages. Must make the effort to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't get out to the cinema much, but it always seems special when we do! Glad you had a great time.

    3 miles is good! I love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate! Just a photo of it makes me want to grab some from the cupboard and eat it!
    We seldom go to the cinema--usually watch older movies at home. I'm glad you enjoyed your time.
    That walk looks like a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute walking shoes. I need some of those too for when we do trails in the mountains. That chocolate tart looks super good! How did you enjoy that movie? I've been thinking I want to see that.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.