Monday 19 February 2018

The A - Z is coming!

2018 A to Z blogging challenge 

Regular followers of this blog will know that since 2015 I have participated in the A - Z Challenge that takes place in April each year.  Links to my posts are listed on their own tabs above (I need to collate the 2015 posts!) but for details of how the challenge works go here.

It's beginning to get exciting and these are the dates to watch out for:
  • Pre-Challenge Survey* Closes   ---  March 3, 2018
  • A to Z Challenge Sign Up   ---  March 5, 2018 
  • Theme Reveal   ---  March 19, 2018
  • "A" post   ---  April 1, 2018 (No fooling! 😁 )
  •  After Challenge Survey  ---  May 3, 2018
  • Reflections  ---  May 7, 2018
*The survey is aimed at gathering views from participants on how the challenge is run - there was a lot of controversy last year as there was no Linky List and each day you were required to post a link to your blog on the main blog post of the day.  

Posting to the main blog every day was tricky if, like me, you try and have posts prepared in advance and schedule them to post on the correct day.  This was my aim last year as I was supposed to be away on a cruise at the start of the challenge and didn't know what the internet service would be like.  As it turned out the extra early arrival of my Grandson almost scuppered the whole thing for me.  I did manage to get my posts published but I wasn't really able to interact with the challenge as I had done in previous years.

I'm hoping this year will be better.  I've got a theme worked out and I've got my first post prepared.  Only 29 to go! Sorry but that's all the info you're getting for now.  Come back on 19th March for the Theme Reveal.  (Come back before then if you want more of my waffle.)

We don't know yet if there will be a Linky List this year but, babies permitting (2 more Grandbabies due in June), I shall do my best to participate more, whatever linking system is in place.  Why not give it a go yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Wendy but grandchildren are playing havoc with my blogging time at the moment. I'll stick to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your A-Z posts, Wendy! I just can't make myself commit to doing it, but I sure enjoy seeing what others do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy!! can't wait have missed this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing you this April!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.