Wednesday 21 February 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 21/2/18




Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond 

Pop over there to see other posts and join in - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?
I think that’s would depend on what I needed inspiration for.  Dinner – I’d pull out a cookery book, some things I’d go online for.  The home I’d check out the pile of Ideal Home magazines I have here.  Other things I might just go for a walk to clear my head and think.
2. What's under your bed?
Umm that could be an embarrassing question.  Dust?  Actually I have some storage boxes under my bed that I need to sort out when I get back to decluttering.  And there’s definitely dust!
3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?
Maybe a Sweet Potato but probably not likely.
4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?
Stuff!  Going back to #2 – there is a lot of stuff in my house right now that shouldn’t be there – including my son and his wife.  Don’t take that the wrong way.  We have loved having them with us and will miss them when they’re gone but the purchase of their own flat seems to be taking forever – and it’s not their fault or something they have much control over.  But in the meantime they are acquiring things that will go to the flat.  Plus now they are also starting to gather things for the coming baby.  I want to sort out my own stuff but I can’t realistically do that until they move out.  I’m just hoping it’s before the baby arrives!
5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?
Oh that’s deep.  The family being in harmony, no bad feelings or disputes going on.  Give me that (which thankfully is usually the case) and I can usually cope with most things although #4 is beginning to drive me crazy.  Having a plan helps too.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I can definitely be an up and down person and my glass is often half empty rather than half full but making a plan definitely works for me.  Doing a Hodgepodge post is on my weekly plan and today it’s on the daily list so this is a big tick for me!  Thanks Joyce for sticking with this every week.  Sometimes the questions are more challenging than others but I do love a challenge!

9 comments:

  1. I love the family photo, Wendy. I had to laugh at your #4. What a predicament. We had the same situation at our house a couple years ago. Our son and wife and baby stayed with us for a few months. Let's just say we definitely wouldn't make good communists. We all love each other, but we all need space. Hope this gets resolved for you soon. Then you can give me pointers on decluttering. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy. Nothing is better than a family in harmony. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    As always enjoyed your answers. I agree, family harmony helps me have balance too.
    Have a great week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the expectation of a new grand baby! But yes, with more people comes more stuff. It's just unavoidable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! I'll bet you ARE feeling a bit crowded just about now. Prayers for peace and harmony to continue until your guests get their own place :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family!! I can only imagine how you must be feeling with your house full of adults and too much stuff! Temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement (hopefully!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clutter is one of my stress triggers too. Right now I am at about my limit for clutter....we need to get going on the spring cleaning project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so understand your feeling of "snowed under" with extra folks in the house day in and day out. It doesn't mean we don't love our kiddos but we all need our own abode! Hopefully that will happen sooner than later for your kiddos. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL we have the same things under our bed. Yes to decluttering. It's one of my goals for the year, but I'm giving myself a year to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.