Last year I did 18 in 18 so it follows that this year I have to do 19 in 19. Except of course I didn’t complete the 18 or really even come close. I find it does help to have a plan though so I’m getting set for the New Year.
Here are my 19 objectives for 2019:
1. Be more organised, plan ahead and waste less time
This translates to “stop procrastinating” and if I can master this one it will make a lot of the others easier to do.
2. Work on the garden
I have help with the garden but I definitely want to do more myself.
3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
We did manage a few outings but not enough because every time we do go out we inevitable say “we should do this more often”!
4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
Last year I achieved the target of 4 so I’m upping the game.
5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
Already working on this – definitely all in the preparation. Plus I know I can do it.
6. Family weekend away for my birthday
It’s a big 0 birthday and this is how I’d like to celebrate it.
7. Look after my health – eat well, sleep well, play well
It’s all about routines I’ve decided.
8. Visit my brother
We almost made it last year but not quite.
9. Visit the beach
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!
10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I managed more than 52 last year so this is definitely doable.
11. Keep a journal
12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
By this I mean 1 original piece of work per week.
13. Organise/Take more photos
I’m getting better at remembering to take them but not at organising them or getting copies printed.
14. Update my clothes/accessories/make up etc regularly
Do you ever feel you’re in a rut?
15. Do more crafting – move the sewing machine!
Didn’t happen last year. Hopefully I’m not setting myself up to fail again.
16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each week
I’ve combined these two things this year to hopefully make it more manageable.
17. Visit/see Noah every month
I definitely want to achieve this one. I see a lot of Nathan & Rory but Noah is further away so visits take more planning.
18. Make progress on the house plan
There are lots of works that need doing on our house but we have made a list and a loose plan of what needs doing first etc. I’m not going to set deadlines as that’s probably unrealistic but making progress would be good.
19. Lose 19 pounds
Yes it’s a random number but it works for me. The pounds have been creeping on for a while now, especially over the last few weeks, so it’s time for it to stop! I’ll be getting on the scales on 1st January and starting from there.