Sunday 9 December 2018

18 in 18 - an overdue update!

And... it's 9th December today so here is a really overdue 18 in 18 update. (The last one was 1st October!)

  
1.   Bake once per month (bread/cake/biscuits) Nothing found its way into my oven :(
2.   Plant new flower bed and child proof garden  Well I have the gardener has planted a new bed along the edge of the patio with lavender.  It will be a while before it's established but it will give a visual reminder of where the garden stops and the 3 ft drop down to the patio is.  She also put some spring bulbs in so hopefully I will have flowers in the spring.
3.   Sort out magazines. More reading to be done!
4.   Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal)  FAIL
5.   Eat at 4 new-to-me restaurants  PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED but we did eat at some nice places while on our recent holiday, although we're unlikely to visit them again.
6.   Complete the A – Z  blogging challenge  PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
7.   Plan a family weekend away for next year NOT YET
8.   Walk at least 3 times per week  probably failed - haven't been keeping track
9.   Visit my brother  NOT YET
10.               Visit my cousin  NOT YET
11.               Visit the beach  PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
12.               Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)  Done!
In October & November I read:
The Love Trainer - Julia Llewellyn
Anything you do say - Gillian McCallister
Death Comes to Pemberley - PD James
The Little Christmas Kitchen - Jenny Oliver
Covent Garden in the Snow - Jules Wake
Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
The Guilty - David Baldacci

Details and Reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.
One of my book clubs switches to Festive Reading at this time of year hence the various Festive Froth books on my list.  Not a lot of substance but they make for easy light-hearted reading.
 
13.               Keep my bullet journal updated  Better than last time but still not great.
14.               Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes) So can I average out these two months?  October was great because I completed the 31 day challenge but November was rubbish because we were on holiday and I sort of took a sabatical.
15.               Take more photos  Definitely an improvement - I used my camera rather than my phone while on holiday.
16.               Update my wardrobe . Previously completed
17.               Do more crafting – update on blog Hmm at the rate I'm going the babies will be toddlers before I finish their blankets.
     18.               Try out a new recipe each week Well I'm currently cheating on this one - we signed up to Hello Fresh so we're getting 3 new recipes per week at the moment and yes I am cooking them but not a lot of thought going into selecting which 3 meals we get.

Well I could find lots of excuses for rolling 2 reports into 1 and the lack of progress made in many areas.  But I'm not going to feel bad about it.  When I set myself these targets at the beginning of the year it seemed a good idea and some of them have been helpful.  Others could get depressing but I won't be letting that happen.  Clearly there are things I need to work on and some I just need to DO.  If I decide to do a 19 in 19 list I might have to be more realistic in my choices!  

Actually I'm just going to blame these 3 for my failings!



5 comments:

  1. I think those three are all the 'excuse' you need, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I think you did very well.

    P.S. I appreciate your book reviews. Keep that up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never beat yourself up about what you haven't done just celebrate what you have managed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did great! We tease my mom about a baby blanket she started embroidering for my first born that still sits in a closet in her house : ) Reading Into The Water now. Hope you had a nice holiday. I'm way behind on reading blogs, so not caught up there yet. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to catch up with you! I am using Hello Fresh once a month and am enjoying the cooking!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.