Sunday 2 December 2018

This has to be a record!

My Christmas tree is up!  (Apologies for the lack of pictures.)

That might be a bit of a non event for any Americans who've had their tree up since Thanksgiving but long term followers of my blog will know that to have my tree up this early is probably unprecedented.  I have been know to leave it until Christmas Eve.

Not this year.  I was determined to get it up early so I'm feeling really pleased with myself tonight.  Hubby wasn't so impressed when I told him I wanted him up in the loft.  Especially as I had him not only bringing the Christmas stuff down but also checking out some boxes I thought had toys in.

Sure enough there were several boxes with lots of duplo and other toys that Nathan in particular will soon enjoy.  I'll have to give them all a good wash first but there's no immediate rush.



Hopefully the Weebles will still wobble in the playhouse and not fall down!

Just to give you an idea of what a grinch my hubby can be, his comment having noticed the wreath on our front door was "There seems to be something on our door.  Did someone die?"  If he's not careful it might be him!

3 comments:

  1. Well, congrats on getting the tree up!! And what a treasure those toys are! Little ones make all the difference when it comes to holidays!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have switched places. I'm the day after Thanksgiving person and my tree is not up yet! Way to go....
    Those toys will be loved for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, you have let me down! I felt sure I could rely on you not to have the tree up yet. I am away tomorrow until next weekend so it will be at least another week before I venture into the loft to find the decorations.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.