Sunday 16 December 2018

It's a little too close to Christmas.....

Long time readers of my blog will know I am not a Christmas person.  I usually find the whole thing stressful and I'm not the best person to be around in the run up to Christmas.  I'm ok once we get to Christmas morning and it's too late to change anything but until then probably best to give me a wide berth!

This year I was determined to be better and I made a good start - my tree and decorations were up on 2nd December.  But things have gone downhill since then.  I have done my usual trick of procrastinating.  Consequently I have been getting more and more stressed and poor hubby has been taking the brunt of my frustrations that are mainly with myself.

It's been busy this week with lunch dates, babysitting and nights out so by today I was really feeling the pressure.  In fact the lid blew.  Which was a good thing because hubby and I talked about a few things that were adding to my feelings of having too many things to do and we resolved some of those.   This afternoon I have also managed to sort out the Secret Santa present I needed to get and put together a shopping list for our Christmas break and I'm feeling much more in control.

The stupid thing is I am totally capable of planning for Christmas and there is no need for me to get myself in this situation.  But for whatever reason (and of course there are some things that rear their heads around this time of year) I stick my head in the sand and by the time I dig myself out of the hole there is hardly any time left to get everything done.

I have a plan now for this week which is also going to be busy.  (Lots of time with Grandsons Nathan & Rory lined up.)  But I feeling more positive and I even tried curling my hair.  We're going to visit old friends on Saturday night and I just thought it might be nice to do something different.  Not the best photo but hopefully you'll get the idea.  Now I just have to sort out something to wear!  I hope Rory likes going shopping!

 
 Anyway you'll understand why I haven't been getting around to reading as many blogs as I'd like, well I'm reading just not always having time to comment.  I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling the pressure right now but hang in there.  It's almost here.  And there's always this:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8OXJRwAL8odQ47N9MvPyer0Ifkb1nm0Qvrko4e0KxbtQXaoyAiSlshtOjOpe76dj7cH-EWFgreLgznmU5VZdA4ocS6KpD1-fUHeJnXQNgFmNswRBR6w63F3xCd27URpajk78qv9kM0ZPd/s1600/xmas+cartoon+3.jpg



5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks fabulous. Really! Christmas with those little fellas will be wonderful and they won't care about perfect. They will just care about being loved and having everyone together! You've got this, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    You look great. I know the feeling. I can get blurred vision with Christmas too, but this year I have made a huge improvement. Not sure how or why, but something happened.
    I agree with what Terri said. You have go this. xx oo Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great. Looking after the grandchildren is exhausting as well as an absolute joy. No wonder you are chasing your tail. Glad to hear you have made a plan which I hope cuts corners whilst keeping the most precious things in life as close as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's nice to read that not all people are perfect ! For me everything has changed, and that's probably why I am stressed. Before it was easy just the child (in your case the children) now they have partners and children themselves, what a mess especially patchwork families like my DIL ! Fortunately they don't celebrate Christmas in the Netherland only St. Nic on Dec 6th !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always stressful for me and I started late this year because I was sick. I finally have everything under control but the stress of it all is not good for us. I'm glad you have control of the situation now. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.