Friday 15 March 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 15/3/19




It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

Here are mine:

1. Catching up with all 3 grandsons this week. We went up to Nottingham on Sunday until Monday to catch up with Noah and his parents. Poor thing is teething and he wasn't his usual cheerful self but it was still lovely to see him.

On Wednesday I had Rory here while his Daddy had a driving lesson and he has perfected crawling - he moves very fast! Nappy changes are also a challenge as he doesn't want to stay still for a second.

I've looked after Nathan on Thursday and today this week so that's been tiring but he's talking more and more and he's becoming obsessed with kicking a ball around.

I think you can probably tell I love being a Nana and with my 3 grandsons I'm definitely blessed.  Hubby quite enjoys it too as you can tell from this pic.  


 (Sorry for the old pic but we don't get all 3 of them together very often.)

2. Flowers in the garden. I've had daffodils, tulips and irises blooming in the garden and I have helibores giving a great splash of colour. Spring is definitely here.


3. Lunch with friends last Friday. It had been a few weeks since we'd got together so it was good to catch up.

4. A hubby that cooks. I was really tired tonight after getting back from looking after Nathan so it was nice that hubby was happy to take on cooking dinner.

5. I'm writing this while watching Comic Relief. Watching the projects that are supported by the funds raised by this charity makes me very aware of how fortunate I am to have a roof over my head, the ability to put food on the table and to make my own decisions to name just a few blessings. It's a bit harrowing to watch some of the films and sad that we have to be having fundraising events like Comic Relief to raise funds for these causes.

Have a good weekend all.

7 comments:

  1. Great photo!! A hubby that cooks... what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute picture of you with the 3 boys ! I would miss a girl, lol ! I see you are a very busy grandma ! I haven't seen Toby since Christmas, only on Whatsapp. The weather is so bad, so I don't go, because he loves to stay with his friends after school (but in the school) and there is nothing to do in Amsterdam. They also were gone for 2 weeks ski holidays. No flower here around yet, it's sooo windy and it rains since 2 weeks ! Awful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring flowers! Tulips and daffodils are such happy ones.
    Lunch with friends is always a fave.
    My hubby loves to cook, too, and I appreciate it very much. It's great to come home from somewhere and smell dinner cooking, isn't it?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for a way to contact you privately. Here's my email: willowknits at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have time with all the grandkids this week! And lunch with a friend. Having someone else cook is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picture. So nice to have all that time with the grandbabies. The crawling stage is so exciting but also tiring for the one looking after them. Hopefully Noah's teeth come through quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful things to be thankful for. Your grandsons are so cute and so close in age! I find it really tiring to just run after one when I'm in charge of her. It's a good tired. We have our second coming in April so the dynamics of grand sitting will change. A husband that cooks is such a blessing and great help. Spring flowers are such a treat. Nothing popping up here yet! Hope your week is going splendidly.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.