Friday 8 March 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 8/3/19

It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

Here are mine:

1) Impromptu shopping trip and lunch out with Hubby last Saturday. We went to our nearby Westfield shopping centre. We wanted to see if John Lewis had beading wire. No I haven't taken up a new craft. Hubby's hearing aids have thin tubes that have to be cleaned out regularly. They came with a couple of very thin pieces of plastic that poke through the tubes to do this. Hubby had lost one (they're very thin and flimsy) but when he asked about getting more he was told they didn't supply them but beading wire or fuse wire were good alternatives. Anyway we couldn't find beading wire but we did stop for lunch and it was a nice outing. We didn't stay out too late though as West Ham were playing at home in the late afternoon and the centre, which is next to the Olympic Park and stadium, was starting to get busy.

2) An easy babysit. We babysat Rory on Monday but Daddy was able to put him to bed and we didn't hear another peep from him. And we were fed!

3) Nice weather with Nathan. It's been a bit mixed this week. Sunny, rainy, windy, chilly. But on the days when I was looking after Nathan there was enough time with good weather to get out for a walk to the shops. It breaks the day up if we're able to get out. Of course it's better if we can get to the park but I'll take a trip to the shops over being cooped up indoors. (And thankfully, although it's an uphill climb going it's all downhill on the way back!)

4) This view from my bed.

Before you think what's so special about the window and chair. Let me explain. I wanted to show you what I could see through the window but the lighting was all wrong.

So I had to take the picture from the window - this is what I can actually see when sitting in bed and looking through the window.

5) On International Women's Day it seems apt to be thankful for all the lovely women in my life. I had a great Mum and Mum-in-law and although I have no sisters I've been blessed with lots of great sisters-in-law. I have 3 wonderful daughters-in-law but I'm especially proud of this lovely woman - my daughter Rebecca.


Have a great weekend all.


21 comments:

  1. Happy Woman's Day. The view from your bed is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful, Wendy. And I love the view out the window! I am glad you had good weather when you sat with Nathan this week. Being able to get out like that really does break up the day. And YAY! for another outing (including lunch) with your hubby. Those times are so special...regardless of the reason for the outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. I thinks she's lovely too but I might be a little bit biased lol. I love my view too. You could imagine I'm out in the country instead of the East side of London!

      Delete
  3. A great view from that window!! Every day should be woman's day!! Every day IS woman's day, come to think of it!! :) Rory and Nathan... blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was definitely one of the biggest selling points of the house when we bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice view. Glad you had a good trip with hubby. I think I watched that game or at least the highlights of the game last weekend. :) I know the crowds can be crazy. Your daughter is lovely. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture of your daughter ! I have to drive Mr. G. also for his hearing aid it has to be checked up. We have a lot of wind I am almost flying when I go out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had lots of wind too - it's blown some roof covering off our shed!

      Delete
  7. Those are some great favorites. Love the picture of your daughter and how wonderful to have so many awesome woman in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful view! And such a lovely picture of your daughter. I love getting outside with the grandkids. It seems to make a difference for all of us when we can get that fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful photo of your daughter. xx oo I do love that window in your bedroom!
    xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all about a great view! Hope you're doing well and enjoying your grands. Making an effort to get back to blogging, just signed up for the A to Z. So much going on here, lots to blog about, but a few things I need to wait to mention so it's tricky. In the meantime-the wedding is in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful view from your bed! You're blessed with so many wonderful women in your life. Nice that the babysitting times went well. The impromptu shopping and lunch with your husband sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm super late responding to FFF, but I still enjoy reading everyone's posts.
    You have a beautiful view from your bedroom window--enough to make me actually want to get out of bed.
    Your daughter is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet picture of your daughter and baby! Nice view from your bed. Our windows are higher so new view for us unless we are standing by the window and then we see a very oh so boring school yard. LOL. It's wonderful to get outside with the kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.