Wednesday 27 March 2019

My poor neglected blog!

Oh my goodness.  A week without a post, my poor blog must be feeling neglected.

Yes it's been a hectic week!  I did 4 days of Grandsitting last week - Nathan on Tuesday & Wednesday and then Rory on Thursday & Friday.  Rory's Daddy had gone off to walk in Scotland with his brother and some friends so Nana had to step in.

Of course it's lovely spending so much time with them but 4 days back to back is very tiring.  But I survived and more importantly so did the babies.  Rory did end up flat on his back at one point - he's starting to pull himself up on furniture - but he was more shocked than hurt. It happened in a blink of my eye and he has a very loud scream.  I was very relieved to confirm there were no bumps or bruises.

We went walking in the park.

The squirrels came up very close!

He loves his food!
Thankfully after all the babies we were away for the weekend with all of hubby's siblings and partners.  We stayed at the Mill Hotel in Sudbury which is a very pretty spot.  It was lovely not to have to cook or think about all the things that need doing at home but being part of a group of 14 is not particularly restful.  Especially when you throw in some walks, a mooch around the town and a lovely meal in the hotel Saturday night.  I'm not complaining though.  I really enjoyed it and I took some photos!

Flatford Mill
 
Suffolk countryside - River Stour


The Mill Hotel

Main course - Calves liver & Bacon on mash & veg

Dessert - sticky toffee pudding

View from the bedroom window

Ducklings!

Flatford Mill
I should have had the foresight to re-arrange our dental appointment on Monday morning though.  It was a 9 am!

Thankfully no work needed on my teeth, apart from a good clean up.  Does anyone like going to the dentist?  Yep I think that's a rhetorical question!

Yesterday we were back with Nathan as usual except we ended up staying later as Becca was unwell so it was quite a long day.

Today I have Rory while Daddy has his driving lesson.

Then I will be chilling!  Or trying to work on my A - Z posts.  As usual my forward planning has almost ground to a halt and now I'm starting to panic about being ready for next Monday.  If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about check it out here.

Well that's me done for now.  Hopefully I'll get to the Wednesday Medley later.

8 comments:

  1. The important thing is you spent time with the grandkids...we (in the blog land) are not going anywhere! Welcome back - hugs!!! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! I don't think anyone would fault you for spending time with those handsome grandsons!! What a nice get -away! That place is so pretty and looks so peaceful!! Nice view from the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed at that hotel a few years ago when visiting Constable country. It was lovely and if I remember correctly the food was delicious. (I'm sure it was a Travelzoo offer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was definitely delicious. We went on a Groupon offer I think - hubby's sister organised it all.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely weekend you had. I love 'girls' weekends - I don't get them often but when I do I REALLY appreciate them.

    I have been preparing for the A-2-Z Challenge all month. Today I finished my last post!! It was a lot of work, but now I can sit back and enjoy everyone else's blogs. Good luck and I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have over half my posts drafted so hopefully I'll get there.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.