Friday 1 March 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 1/3/19

It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

Here are my five for this week:

1)  Extra time with Grandson Nathan - he was here for a bit on Saturday and we took him for a walk around our local community garden. 

2)  A night out with family and friends.   This was at our local social club and was organised by one of hubby's sisters.  It was nice catching up with people.

3)  Having a decent lawnmower.  Our grass was quite long but I managed to take advantage of this lovely mild spell of weather and get it cut.  The grass itself was still a bit wet but it wasn't that hard getting it done.

4)  I've been reading a lot about snow on other people's blogs but here we've had the mildest February since records began.  We were able to get Nathan to the park with his ball and he loved running around.  We didn't even need coats.  We've also got lots of bulbs coming out in the garden including Daffodils, Irises and Snowdrops.  

5)  The blogging community.  I love that this community exists and even if I don't get around to responding to everyone's comments I appreciate them all.

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the blogging community. It's a special group, isn't it? Reading about the lawnmower, I could imagine the smell of fresh cut grass. We have had the coldest February on record, but not as bad as other parts of the U.S. Thank you for sharing your notes about Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. February was a joy. I couldn't agree more about our selct blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this community too. How great that your weather is nice and you got some great quality time with Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutting grass????!!!! Wow. I'm envious! We won't see any green grass let alone need to cut it until about mid-May here in eastern New York!!

    How fun to tAke your grandson to the park and have a night out with friends.

    Enjoymthe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, That's really something that you can be cutting grass. Soon I'll be sitting on our new riding lawnmower and catching up after all the snow. Walking to a park and enjoying time in good weather sounds really appealing. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate you too! Crazy weather everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that you have been able to get out with Nathan and enjoy that lovely weather. Can't believe you were cutting grass! We seem so far from that right now. I can hardly wait for some warmth around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your times with Nathan always sound like so much fun. I'm sure he enjoyed the community garden and playing with you.
    Lunches and dinners with friends are always a fave with me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.