Friday 29 March 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 29/3/19

It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.
Here are mine:

1)  A weekend away with Hubby and all his siblings and partners.  We stayed in the Mill Hotel in Sudbury, Suffolk and we had a lovely weekend.  Getting all 14 of us together is quite a challenge but we do manage it fairly regularly and it's always lovely when we do.  For some pictures go here.

2)  Coping with my "Toilet Demon" (the toilet demon is the monster that says in my head "you'll need the toilet" whenever I'm confronted with a situation where that might be tricky so things like using public transport, sitting in the middle of a theatre row, going for a walk in the forest.  The effect can range from mild anxiety to a full blown panic attack.) 

On Saturday the plan was to go for a 5 mile walk in the countryside.  This is often a nightmare for me and I almost didn't go but I decided to go for it and I was actually ok.

3)  Lots of time with Grandsons Nathan & Rory.  I had 2 full days with each of them.  Tiring but lovely.  I'm so lucky to be able to watch them so closely as they develop.

4)  A clean bill of health for my teeth.  (Well apart from needing a good clean.)

5)  A successful shopping trip today, including lunch out.  I needed to get a present for Nathan - he's 2 on Sunday, plus food for the weekend.  I had a lovely mooch around one of the nearby retail parks and managed to get everything I needed.  I also took a break for lunch.  Nothing fancy, just a toasted sandwich and a slice of Millionaire's shortbread at the supermarket cafe but I often tend to just grab a sandwich and eat it at home.  It was nice just to sit and recharge my batteries before doing the food shopping.

The weekend is also looking good - all my Grandsons will be together on Sunday for Nathan's party.  Can't wait!

Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh your weekend away sounds lovely.....how nice to share it with extended family.

    I can relate about the toileting issue!! Sometimes i get an IBS flare up.....I've been known to use the mens room when the ladies room is too full!! Hahaha. Of course as a hiker, I'm used to going in the woods......all of us hikers learn that fairly quickly!!

    Enjoy the grandson's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to keep in mind the toileting issue. I'm glad that hike went well. A lovely weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That toileting demon sure does get around. Seems like a common problem that gets more frequent the older you get. I found caffeine makes things worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I understand the toileting demon.
    Your weekend sounds wonderful. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Nathan!! Has it really been two years?!! Wow!! Your weekend with the siblings sounds lovely. I enjoyed your Five!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend away sounds lovely! And what great time with your grandsons! We live close to our one grandson as well, a blessing I don't take for granted as we always lived away from our folks.

    I SO understand the "toilet demon." I have the same problem, even to full blown panic attacks. I have irritable bowel syndrome, which feeds the anxiety, which then makes the bowel situation worse. A vicious cycle. It's a blessing to have an outing without all of that being a problem.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.