Wednesday 13 March 2019

Wednesday Medley - 13/3/19

 
The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
 
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun.
----------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL GOOD SAMARITAN DAY – March 13

NATIONAL GOOD SAMARITAN DAY – March 13

NATIONAL GOOD SAMARITAN DAY

National Good Samaritan Day is observed on March 13th.  This day is also known as Good Samaritan Involvement Day. This is a day for unselfish actions to help those in need and to celebrate kindness.
------------------------------------------------------
1.  When did someone come to your rescue and can you tell us about it?
I'm sure there are probably lots of occasions but the ones that spring to mind are the AA when I've had car problems.  I've been very glad of my membership over the years.
2.  When did you help someone out of a jam and can you tell us about it?
I can't think of a specific instance but when I was working there were lots of times I had to deal with health & safety incidents including chasing a fox out of the assembly hall and removing a dead rat from the playground.   There are some aspects of my job that I do NOT miss! lol
3.  What are your thoughts on being a good Samaritan?  Some states (like Florida) have even passed Good Samaritan laws so you don't get into trouble with the law for trying to help someone.
I'd like to think I'd always step into help someone if necessary.  I've trained as a first aider in the past so I'd hope if I ever needed to perform first aid I wouldn't hesitate.  
4.  Thursday is National Pi Day.  It's a fun play on the date 3.14.  Will you have some pie to celebrate?
Definitely won't have pie on Thursday - we had lots of pie on Tuesday - we had dinner with my daughter and her wife and we had chicken pie followed by apple pie for dessert.  (The supermarket had a special deal on pies.)
5.  Did you know that Pi is the most studied number in mathematics?  Are you good with numbers?
Yes I am pretty good with numbers.  I did maths to A level at school and even considered studying it at university.
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
I've seen all 3 grandsons this week!  I'm a happy Nana! 
Noah - we visited him on Sunday

We saw Nathan on Tuesday but I stole one of his Mummy's photos taken at our nearby Discovery Centre - he loves "The Tiger who came to Tea" book!

Rory - at my house today while Daddy had a driving lesson.  


6 comments:

  1. What cute grandsons!! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! YES! Seeing those faces would make me so happy too! Enjoy! Loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    Those Grands are so cute!! I love that tiger too. :-)
    Your dinner sounds yummy, I like pot pie and apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three grands!! Fun! Thanks for joining the Medley today! I need to make sure I get some pie tomorrow! All this pie talk is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have three grand children, all girls. I would be terrify to get a mathematics degree at collage level.
    I also took part in medley if have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of your adorable grandsons! Chicken pot pie is one of my favorites and now I'm wishing I had one planned for dinner. True comfort food. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.