Friday 24 May 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 24/5/19

 

It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part. 

Well I guess my first blessing is that I'm here this week!  I was AWOL last week so here's a combination of the last two weeks' blessings:

1)  I finished this in time for Grandson Noah's first birthday:

I must admit, having two of these on the go (the other one is for Rory) I did get a bit bored with it from time to time but I was determined to get them finished for their birthdays so that was one of the reasons I didn't make it here much in the last couple of weeks.  Every spare moment has been spent knitting.

2)  We celebrated Noah's first birthday with a family tea at his other Grandparents house:

He had lots of new toys and of course there was cake!

3)  I've seen all 3 Grandsons this week having my usual days with Rory and Nathan.  Fortunately I can manage to get both of them to nap for a while during the day:

Rory's cot doesn't have a drop down side so it's really hard to transfer him into the cot once he's asleep without waking him.  I came up with plan B

Nathan fell asleep while we were out at the shops.  I couldn't find his sunhat so we made do with one of his swimhats!  He actually kept it on. (A blessing in itself!)

4)  A husband that not only cooks but provides breakfast in bed.
Mushroom, Bacon & Cheese omelette

5)  The right to vote.  We take it for granted of course but I know that life is very different for women in some countries.  

We had the chance to vote in the European Parliament elections this week.  In theory we would not have been doing that because by now we should not have been part of Europe - well the European Union but of course Brexit drags on and on and on and ...........

Now we face the prospect of a new Prime Minister.  Will it help?  I'm not convinced.  It was difficult to know who to vote for given that when we do finally Brexit all the MEPs elected will be redundant.  But, it's still a possibility that there could be a second referendum on the matter and those MEPs might be there for a while!  On the basis that I voted to remain originally I voted for the Green party because they definitely want to hold a second referendum.

Apologies, this is turning into a political rant and I'm supposed to be counting my blessings.  Have a good weekend all!  I'll be seeing all three Grandsons together on Sunday so mine is guaranteed to be good.

6 comments:

  1. Y'all do seem to be having some of the same political "fun" we have over here. Politics are so dirty. I just love that you are so involved with your grandsons! What a blessing for you and for them!! Your knitted blanket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions on completing both blankets. No easy feat. I never mention politics in my blog but all I can say is what a mess. Do you not think we have too many politicians interested in furthering their own career rather than what might be best for the country. Rant over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a beautiful gift made with love for your grandsons. Lots of love and effort. Birthday celebrations sound fun. Happy birthday to the big boy. Our country is a political hotbed right now too so it's hard not to go on rants. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice gifts! Belated happy birthday to Noah! It's great having others in the family cook. I agree about the right to vote - I appreciate it and use it even though it's a struggle often to know whom to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasured gift a handmade blanket will be!
    The photo of one sock on and one off is adorable,
    I love having the right to vote. Too bad my candidate for USA president didn't win!!!! 😢
    Our country is a mess!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blankets are beautiful and I am sure they will be loved and valued. Well done!
    You are truly blessed to be able to be grandma sitter for your grandboys.
    I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.