Monday 3 June 2019

When did I find time to work?

I have had another busy spell with my Grandsons.  

The weekend of the 25th Noah was here with his parents and on the Sunday we all got together for a photo shoot. It was organised by Nathan's Mummies but they invited the rest of us to tag along. Can't wait to see the pics.  This was one my DIL took.



Monday was a bank holiday so in theory it was a free day but we spent the afternoon at Nathan's helping to tidy the garden. They are buying their own house now so need to leave the rental in good shape to get their deposit  back.   Just hoping the purchase goes through smoothly and quickly before they have to vacate the rental.  If not they will be on my doorstep with their suitcases!

Tuesday & Thursday were with Nathan as usual but my free Wednesday ended up being spent with Rory and his Mummy including a trip to the hospital. Poor thing has a chest infection. 

Friday I had lunch with my friends and then it was another busy weekend celebrating Rory's 1st birthday. Fortunately he was well enough for his party to go ahead.


Unfortunately the busy week meant I didn't quite get Rory's blanket finished. I tried really hard to get it done when I got home on Friday it but at midnight I admitted defeat.  His mummy of course understood and Rory won't know.  Or care.  I was just disappointed as I'd got Noah's finished in time for his birthday and wanted to do the same for Rory.

The day of his birthday was glorious.  Hottest day of the year so far and plenty of sunshine.  We had a fun afternoon at our local social club and of course it was lovely to have all the family together again.  Having said that it was nice when everyone had gone home on Sunday and we were able to sit down and relax.

This week will hopefully be a normal week with Wednesday and Friday free which is just as well as we go away at the weekend for a few days to Cannes with Nathan and his Mummies and I haven't even made a packing list yet, let alone got the suitcase out.  Not doing anything else tonight though after having Rory for the day.  It's going to be an early night for me ready for Nathan tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Wendy! You have been busy, but good busy with those sweethearts!! I loved seeing the photos! Good luck on the home purchase and please keep us posted about that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Rory recovered in time to enjoy his birthday. Your weeks are jam packed at the moment. Hope you get time for a rest when you go on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha a rest when we are going with the girls and Nathan? But a change is as good as a rest right?

      Delete
  3. Wendy, enjoy your summer. It sounds full of family. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. Yes a lot of family time going on right now.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.