Wednesday 8 May 2019

Review: The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Capitol Building, Washington DC: Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon believes he is here to give a lecture. He is wrong. Within minutes of his arrival, a shocking object is discovered. It is a gruesome invitation into an ancient world of hidden wisdom.

When Langdon's mentor, Peter Solomon - prominent mason and philanthropist - is kidnapped, Langdon realizes that his only hope of saving his friend's life is to accept this mysterious summons.

It is to take him on a breathless chase through Washington's dark history. All that was familiar is changed into a shadowy, mythical world in which Masonic secrets and never-before-seen revelations seem to be leading him to a single impossible and inconceivable truth...


Well I've read all the Robert Langdon series now. I liked this one because it's set in Washington and I've visited there so the buildings and monuments were familiar to me.

It's another fast paced chase to decipher codes and symbols and defeat the enemy. Yes critics will argue that the series are all too similar but that didn't stop my enjoyment of this book.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I worked in DC for 12 years (lived in Virginia, across the river). Books about DC and the Masons are always interesting. (My dad was a Mason). Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.